Not a typical Tuesday for me. Had to wake up before 9 to get to school around 10:15 for a meeting with David Wi the owner of the company. It was a meeting for all new teachers that have been here a month or less from all different branches. There were seven of us and luckily the meeting was held at our branch instead of us heading somewhere else that early. The meeting held lots of insightful information about teaching and he gave us some good tips to incorporate into out lesson plans. However, the meeting last about 2 hours and I think he could have done it in 1. He repeated things over and over again and went off topic a few times. As 12 was approaching and the meeting ending my stomach was growling, but for every Tuesday there is a ENT meeting so I knew I would not be eating for awhile. Once Mr. Wi's meeting ended I busted out the door and headed to an orange place (a restaurant chain that is very popular because it is so cheap) and picked up some kimbop. Went to the ENT meeting where we went over last weeks events and this weeks events. Nothing very important and nothing that could keep me very entertained, luckily it only lasts 20 minutes.
That meeting lead right up to my first class at 12:50. Didnt really get to review any of my material for the day, so felt a little bit unprepared, but felt like I did alright. Always improving day by day. Had one more class then a break. Ran quickly to the orange place again to eat a real lunch (some meat, noodles, and rice). Then had to review for the class following the break because one of the other western teachers who has been here for 8 months was observing my class, which is the class that misbehaves the most. Started that class and by the way I have tuned most of these kids out because they are just that bad. Analisa (the observer) stepped in for a minute and sort of got them under control. She is a lot meaner than me and I want these kids to have fun while they are there because they go to school all day long. However, being strict does have its benefits and she made one student hold a book over his head for 2 minutes starring at the door. I felt so bad for the kid, but he deserved it because he is the worst one in the class. After that class ended had 3 more in row, that went pretty smoothly. I don't like being observed because I dont feel like I can be myself and have to put on a different show for them. Who knows though, she is giving me feedback tomorrow.
After those 3 classes had a break and did some planning for tomorrow. I am getting pretty good at planning.
Then had my last class of 3 students where I corrected their paragraphs. And for those who know me and my essay writing skills should be laughing about that one. Never in a million years would I think of doing that or someone giving me the chance to do that for their children. However, I actually did a pretty awesome job and anything beats what these students write.
Class ended and did a few more minutes of planning. Then left around 8 and picked up some chicken to make dinner. Max and I make a pretty good pair in our small kitchen, a successful dinner with an episode of Seinfeld on the computer. It was a long day and am going to bed.
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Jeremy take full advantage of not having to worry about the American Judicial System or American Parents. It is everyones dream to beat children, take full advantage and take a full swing. No Regrets. I have always regreted not being aloud to beat children, and I missed my oppurtunity to do so by not being a parent in the 50's when you could beat the ever living shit out of children. Now, if you so much as look as at a child in a manner that could be considered "malicious" you could be sued or arrested. Take advantage of Child Abuse....I certainly would.
ReplyDeleteYou Salzman's are tooo funny! Is this what your parents have taught you?
ReplyDeleteJust kidding. I suggest you make them write over and over filling up lots of paper with whatever you choose. Like, My teacher Mr. Salzman is the best...or I will listen and respect my teacher Mr.Salzman. It's not fun to do that. I can't wait to hear about the trip your planning. I hope your excercising because it sounds like all you do is work and EAT. Don't come back fat.
Have fun, Jill xoxox