Sunday, December 20, 2009

Dec 19th

Had a pretty tough time waking up. Went out pretty hard the night before, so I knew it was going to be one of those days. Made some breakfast and just relaxed for a long time before going to the gym to meet up with Choi. 4'oclock came and headed to the gym and worked out hard. Chest and back today, but when I got there, Choi was not to be found so I called him and he said he was running a little late. He finally showed up and told me that his back was hurting him and that he wanted to take it easy, which I didnt mind at all. I continued my workout while he took it easy. In addition, he cancelled the dinner plans, where I was supposed to eat with him and and his son. Something about his family already going out to dinner and we were going to reschedule.
After our work out ended he asked if I wanted to go to this Sauna place near by because the showers were not working at the moment at the gym. I of course agreed and we headed toward the sauna which is 5 minutes from my apartment. I asked Choi if I could call Max and invite him and he had no problem with it. So we get to this sketchy looking building pay 4,000 won each and head up to the second floor. Open the door to a bunch of naked Asian men coming in and out of this bath house. We headed in, undressed and put our belongings into a locker. Naked and all headed into the actual sauna area where there are just loads of Asian men giving Max and I the stares. First a shower is taken to clean the body, then Choi took us into this hot salt room. Mad amounts of salt, and you just rub it all over your body and let it soak it. After a few minutes in there we came out and rinsed off. My skin was silky smooth. Next we headed into a hot tub, where the water was scorching, but felt great after a hard work out. Spent another few minutes relaxing and then headed into this cold pool where it is said that the water is from a natural like spring some 300 m below the ground. I felt very relaxed. Next we went into an actual sauna and I could barely breathe. It was so dry and I had to get out after a couple minutes. Did some more hot tubbing and salt rubbing and then exited the bathouse to dry off. Wow, it was so relaxing and I just wanted to take a nap! Sat down on some couches and relaxed for a little bit eating some baked eggs. If I wanted to I could have gotten my hair cut in in this little barbershop that was in the locker room. Very neat place for only 4 bucks. Dressed up and said goodbye to Choi and headed home with Max, but before getting home we stopped off for some BBQ and filled ourselves up. Tried a different type of meat that looked like bacon strips. It was alright, not the greatest going in or coming out for that matter. Came home and took a little nap.
Woke up around 10pm and got ready to go out. Headed downtown and started off at a bar Max wanted to go to called Flower. Probably one of the most flamboyant bars I have ever been to. Flowers all over the place and I just wanted to have one drink and get out of there. A great date place, but just not for Max and I sitting together. Had our drink and left. Then went to this bar/club called Urban. It was real cool, not too crowded so we stuck around for awhile playing pool and drinking some beer. After that we wanted to check out this bar called Old School. This is where all the army dudes hang out. Just a bunch of them with their lady friends having a good time. Apparently, a lot of fights occur at this bar because they get out of hand. While we were heading out these two girls got into it. Don't know if I will be going back there. Next, we headed to Club Frog where it was crazy crowded to the point where we couldnt move. I could not show off my stuff like last time so we only stayed for about an hour or so. Our last stop was Who's Bob where we just got some water, jugged it and left. Headed back to the apartment, was able to chat with Preston for a bit and then went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment