Saturday, December 26, 2009

Dec 25, Christmas

First, Max and I decided to go out last night for a little bit because we had no school today. We had to do something and couldn't just sit at home. Went to Who's Bob, pretty empty and just played some pool. Then after awhile decided to leave and just walk around because there were thousands of Koreans just walking the street. Christmas is not a family holiday here, rather a couples holiday. All the couples were out and the guy buys a cake for them. So you see hundreds of people walking with cake boxes all over the place. The more interesting part not just about Thursday night, but every time we go downtown is that we see so many Koreans walking, but they never enter a place. It seems that they just walk around, because any bar we walk into it is never that crowded and for how many people we see on the street every bar should be filled. So after people watching for a little we decided to go home and sleep.

Dec 25th= Christmas, which means no school. Slept till noon and just hung out in my bed and relaxed talking to my mom. Didnt have anything to do until 4PM, where Max and I were invited to a pot luck. We bought some cheese and alcohol for the little party. Was able to talk to my bro and his gf for a little before I left. 4 came and Max and I headed out the door to meet Evan and his gf who just arrived a day or so ago to go to this party. Hopped in a cab and headed to these girls apartment apparently it is really nice. Got there and headed up the elevator and into their apartment and my expectations were exceeded. The place was beautiful and hard to explain. All I can say is that it was a 4 bedroom apartment on the 17th floor of a building with nice furniture and upgraded appliances. It was awesome. Started drinking around 4 and it didnt stop flowing. One of the girls who lived there made 2 hams that were delicious and that I carved as well as some pasta and a homemade sauce that she made. By the way she is in her 30's not a 22 year old doing this. Ate, drank, and enjoyed people's company. There were about 15 of us. The party continued downtown. First place we went to was called go-go. It was alright, not many people there. Stayed there for a bit, then to Sky bar where some of the people got a beer pong tourny going. When we got there though it was completely empty bear in mind it was only 12. A long day, and I started to get pretty tired, plus Max and I were going hiking tomorrow. So after an hour or so we decided to head home for a good night sleep.
Christmas finally ended thank G-d, however the festivities were awesome and met some really cool people.

No comments:

Post a Comment