Ahh, Wednesday, the middle of the week! One more day closer to the weekend, so exciting. I wake up a little sore from my workout the day before and jump in the shower, eat, and mess around on the computer for a little. I head to school a little earlier than normal to finish up my recordings for the students. They are tedious and time consuming. Like I said before you can barely hear the student speak so you just have to make up the comments and grades. Good grades= better success for the business. In addition, did some more planning and also had another birthday for one of my students in Y1 (my second class of the day). Her name is Stephanie and her parents brought a Pink cake, (looked like a fruit cake, I dont know. She also brought goody-bags for the students in our class and I asked her if she had one for me and she handed me oranges and a banana. I laughed and graciously accepted. We sang happy birthday in all three languages and took pictures. For some reason none of the other teachers were there so I was the only one in the picture. After the little party it was time to start teaching.
Headed to my first class (Y3) taught for a little bit, but then we had PE with Max's class. Went to PE where we again played four corners. The students love that game, I am glad I introduced it to them. However, I might try to bring in another one soon, just got think of one. After PE, class was over and then headed to my next class (Y1). They were in a great mood except for this one girl who was jealous of the birthday girl because she got a present from one of her friends and I let her go first in most things, because she was the bday girl. I just ignored her and went on with my lesson. Class came to an end and break time began for me.
Ate my lunch, which was a PB&J sandwich and chips. After I finished, one of the KT's took Max and I to set up our bank account because we finally received our alien registration cards and the school just wires our paycheck into the account. Completed that and headed back to school and finished some more planning for Thursday. My break ended, which means more teaching, four in a row. Not to bad, classes came and went and another break after the fourth class. Most people are done but I always have 1 late class from 7:30 to 8:15 Mon, Wed, Fri. It sucks, but the class is 5 students who are a joy to be around. Taught them and the day was over.
Left school with Evan and Max and decided to get our new favorite thing from the woman right near us, a waffle. They are so good and do not think there is dairy in them. Haven't been affected yet (fingers crossed). After our waffle we were still hungry and went to the BBQ place right next store and ordered some galbi (fire meat). It was delicious as always and very cheap. We figured out the more people you have the cheaper it is. We had a good time eating and chatting about our students. Evan departed and we went back to our apartment.
Wednesday is usually a night of going out, but it was raining and I was very full, so I was hesitant. As we were hanging the phone rang and it was Lim! He wanted us to come to his house and hang out. We said yes, and headed over there. Hopped in the cab and 10 minutes later we were there. Got lost on the way there so we had the cabby call Lim and he found it quickly. Lim and his friend were waiting outside on the corner for us. We say our hello's and he says are you ready to drink. Hell yeah I say!. We enter his house and it is beautiful. The first thing you see walking in is his living room that has a 50+ flat screen TV. Nice furniture and all. This house is awesome. We go upstairs and meet his wife, who seems very nice. Next, we head into 'his' room, which has an incredible set up. The theme is music and everything is low to the ground. A 30 inch flat screen that is used for his computer, a turn table and great speakers. He brought in Soju, beer (Budweiser mind you), apples, and oranges. Love it! Then he says that he ordered food for us, some fried chicken. Awesome, but wait I am so full. I am sure I can eat a little bit more, dont want to be rude. So we just hang out, listen to different styles of music, youtube videos, drink, eat, music, drink, eat. The food comes so we eat more. Beer runs out, we drink more. It was a great relaxing night hanging out at a house. It was funny that his wife respected his room and didnt bother us once. Crazy! So 3am comes around and we decide to head out and go home because we do have work sometime the next day. We walk out with his friend, get a cab and go home. Damn his house was sweet! Got back to our place and fell asleep.
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment