First off, I want to reply to the comment that my brother made. They do have Korean names, but when they come to English school their parents/teachers give them American names so it is easier for us to communicate with them and call on them while teaching. It would take more time for us to learn their Korean names than for us to teach the actual lesson. Josh, their names are like kim, lo, choi, lim, etc. They try to make it simpler for us, because it is hard as hell to pronounce their full names. It is like kim.......lo. So that is my response.
Anyways, woke up around 10:30, ate some breakfast, showered, and completed my usual routine, while watching a little bit of the Monday Night Football game. Headed to school with Max to around 11:30 to get to our 12'oclock Tuesday meeting. Get there and once again the meeting is pointless, until she asked who wanted to be Santa for the preschoolers on Thursday. I volunteered and am excited to dress up as Santa because we never had Christmas in our house. It is going to be real funny and I am going to make Max take lots of pictures. The meeting ended, I scarfed down my sandwich and get ready for class. The first two classes went smoothly, no stories to tell. Although, it seems that classes are getting smaller and smaller because most students are on break and I think their parents are taking them on trips. Had a break so ate a little snack and reviewed for my next set of classes. Break ends and go to A3, who were absolutely horrible and there were only 5 of them. Adam started cusing and saying 'Fuck you' to a girl who then replied with the finger. These children are only 10 or 11. I immediately stopped them and gave them my wrath. I told them if any of them did it again that they were going straight to Betty teacher. Of course, 10 minutes later, Adam is quietly repeating that same word again to his buddy, so I take him straight to Betty teacher and let her deal with him. 5 minutes later he comes back in the classroom and apologizes. After that class, the other 3 classes go smoothly. Break, finish my planning for Wednesday, then go to my final class. 3 students, easy, and am learning some sign language.
The day is done, Max and I walk home, but before we get home we try another BBQ place, that just recently opened. The side dishes were extremely different than any other BBQ place we have been to. They first brought us Oysters, shrimp, and diced corn. All very tasty. Then clams and other various types of veggies with the meat and it was only 7 dollars each. Crazy! Filled ourselves up and came back to the apartment.
Goodnight!
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment