Monday, December 21, 2009

Dec 21, A Monday

9:30 alarm goes off and off to start the week! Make a bagel with jelly, a sandwich for lunch and head to the gym. A little warmer than than the past couple days, but still pretty chilly. Get to the gym, change and start working out. I always like the Monday work out because I feel that I am getting all the bad toxins out of my body from the weekend. Its all mental! Another great thing about this Monday workout is that it is leg day, and we all know that I love legs. Luckily, I was able to workout by myself with out any interruptions from anybody. It was great, but feel I could always use a personal trainer. Workout ends, head downstairs; shower, change, and head out the door towards school. Its great when those endorphins kick in on the walk to work. Put on some music and pass everyone with a smile on my face.
Get to school, review the first few classes for the day and go eat some kimbop with Max. Come back to school and start teaching. First two classes were easy, just one little comment about my first class. I noticed that my boy Brian was wearing a jacket and a runny nose so I asked him if everything was alright and before he could answer the KT told me that he had a fever, but to just let him stay. How backwards of a country is this? Why do they wear masks? I wish someone could explain their logic to me. After my second class, had a break. Did some planning and ate my sandwich. Break ends, then 5 classes in a row. My first two classes which are my trouble children, were pretty good today and didnt have to put anyone in the baby chair, although a kid in the second class brought a soft pellet gun to school and told him to put it away immediately. What the hell are these kids and parents thinking? In my fifth class, we were playing sticky ball game where you throw a sticky ball at point values on the board. I have the student who just threw pass it on to the next student. Today, Emma decides to hurl it to Grace and knocks her square in the face and she starts to cry. The director who is also a KT (her name is Betty) comes in because she taught them the previous class and had to finish up something in their communication books sees this and I have to explain what had happened. She told me not to let them throw it hard, and have them underhand it. I nodded and agreed. It was an accident and won't happen again. However, I can't stop playing this game, they love it and I love it!. Class ends. Break. Finish planning for Tuesday. Next class, went smooth, taught them about US money. Class ended and was about to go home until I saw some interesting food on one of the KT's desk, it so happened to be Betty. She told me it was pig intestines, liver, and lung. She asked if I wanted to try it and of course I did, because while in Korea I have to say yes or else won't experience anything. Tried it and it was actually pretty good. The intestines were filled with some rice noodle, so it was not bad at all. The liver was sort of dry, but would eat again. The lung was the most interesting, because it was slimy and very chewy, but had a good taste to it. I can't tell if I liked it or not, so I am going to try again eventually.
After the taste testing, walked home with Max. Got home and made chicken and pasta. Watched some TV caught up on the news and now going to bed.

* The dish containing pig intestines is called Sundae: To read more go to,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sundae_%28Korean_food%29

1 comment:

  1. Is anyone else following this blog bothered by the fact that ALL of Jeremy's students have names that resemble the names here in America. I am exteremly dissapointed. Names have always been a sensative subject for me, as my name Josh, is pretty much the most unoriginal name out there. I am often easily impressed with name originality, which is why it bothers me that these Koreans dont have Korean names. I thought Koreans were all named Kim, Ko, Chen, Li, Dong, Poo, etc.

    For the record if and when I have children (legitimate or bastards) they will aptly be creatively named, and you will not be dissapointed.

    ReplyDelete