Monday, December 7, 2009

Dec 7th, Man I hate Mondays!

After a great weekend with activities during the day and night have to get back to the nitty gritty. I was planning to wake up early go to the gym and work out but I did not have an alarm therefore I wasn't forced out of my bed and stayed in it for an extended period of time falling in and out of sleep mode. Finally had the will to stand up and get in the shower. For some reason the past few days our shower has been acting funny and can never tell if I am going to have an extremely hot shower or luke warm one.
(If I have not mentioned already, every time we want to use hot water we have to turn a knob in our living room to some random number and press a button so the water becomes hot. If that is not done than we would not have hot water, even if you turned the sink knob all the way to the left. In addition, our heat is run through our floors, so anything left on the floor is warm and feet are constantly warm as long as the heat is on. Pretty cool)
Back to today I had a luke warm shower with the knob all the way to the left. So not a very good shower to start off the day. Ate some breakfast, checked my email, and headed out the door to school. Nothing interesting happened on the way to school and did not have an ipod because it was left at school. Arrived at school, reviewing my material for the first few classes and then 12:50 came so time for class. Went to class and had a great time with my first 2 classes. Had a break and ate my PB&J and chips. Planned a few more classes and transferred some cash to one of our KT teachers who booked our ferries for our Japan trip. Wow this is really happening. So excited for this jam packed vacation. Next, went on my 5 class sprint, with my first 3 very energetic and my last 2 pretty relaxing. Had a break where we sung Happy birthday to one of the KT's Sally. Very nice lady and we had dumplings and tapoki (the rice noodle in red sauce) which was awesome because I was so hungry. Ate a lot and finished up my planning for tomorrow. Went to my last class, which consists of 5 children who are around 12 years old, but below average in the English language.They are fun and very chill and a great class to end the day with. Always have a good time with them. Ended class and left school with Max. Walked home and had a deep conversation about the rights of the black man in America. Made a quick stop in a store to buy some shampoo and soap for the gym, then went to our favorite lady for food. She made us homemade Kimchi for us to take home. So nice! Had a good conversation with her and the family while eating Waffles, Dunkus, tapoki, and sun dried tomatoes that she dried out herself. They were okay. After dinner, went home and started working on our Japan trip even more. We are planning our travel from Hakata to Tokyo and back. If any of you have a cheap way of doing that please let us know, because this trip is expensive. Also, we are starting a donation fund for this trip, so if you would like to donate please let me know! Every penny or won counts! Well headed to bed to hopefully wake up early and go to the gym. Another post coming soon.

P.S. the donation fund was a joke, but any suggestions for travel or anyone you know in Japan please let me know.
Much love,
J&M

1 comment:

  1. I would also like to remind all readers and followers that it is around that time of year again where we all are in the spirit of giving back. I just implore you that if you are searching the ever vast and confusing endless list of charities you think of the Josh Salzman Foundation Foundation first. In short ths Josh Salzman Foundation Foundation is a charitable organization commenced upon the core belief of living life to its fullest, and basically saving human kind. If you like to save the planet and you want to solve world hunger, while achieving world peace and energy conservation at the same time, this is your charity. I cant go into specifics on exaclty how the Josh Salzman Foundation Foundation will go about acheiving these goals all I can say is that we are in the process of greatness.

    Martin and Beth Salzman are past Platinum Level Doners please feel free to ask them about their contribution rewards. I believe they both recieved hemp grocery bags last month for their respective contributions.

    ReplyDelete