Monday, November 30, 2009

Nov 30 another Monday or is it?

Well, had a great weekend! Enjoyed going downtown and meeting new people that I will hopefully start hanging out with. Woke up on the earlier side today, maybe hoping to skype some friends and family. Talked to Korn for a brief second. Adam I am sorry my computer was acting up and when I finally got it working you had left. Lets do it again soon. Next, received some an email from Melissa telling me that she was dating someone else. Not a great way to start off the morning, but it is life and still want to remain friends with her and have nothing against her whatsoever. Just feeling upset, but like great ones say, it is better to feel something than nothing at. Anyway, I was unable to connect with anyone else so I left for school to get ahead in my planning. Got a lot of work done and it helped get my mind off of things. Classes went well, nothing out of the ordinary. Had 2 classes then a break. Then 5 and then a break. And then one more. I am really focusing on their pronunciations and think it is getting better. Also, I feel that I am controlling the classroom better and am on task most of the time.
The only problem I have with their teaching method is that they try to cover so much in a 40 minute time period and dont feel that the children comprehend or retain any of the material. Some teachers go through 6 different bullets a class, which is less than 10 minutes on each thing. I tend to spend more time on each subject and really try to have the students understand the material. Hopefully, no one will get mad at me for spending time on the material. After classes were over, Max, Evan, and I went to a new Korean BBQ that BBQ some spicy eel. It was delicious, and cant get enough of that BBQ. Once dinner was over headed back to the apartment, but Max and Ev were still hungry so they stopped at a Korean food stood stand. Max got this awesome looking panckake looking thing. He said it was amazing. So I headed up to the Korean lady and tried to ask and say that I was allergic to dairy and if it had any it it. I had my little dictionary out and all the Koreans were trying to help me out. It seemed like they were saying there was no dairy, so as I was about to by one the lady brings out a huge stick of butter and covers the pan with it. I chuckled, bowed and left. Then we went back to the apartment and hung out, went to bed. Goodnight and talk to you tomorrow

1 comment: