Friday, December 11, 2009

Dec 11 Koreans love to party

Ahhh, Friday, the weekend is in reach, but have a very long day ahead of me. Woke up sore and tired and knew it was going to be a tough one. You should know my routine by now, shower, eat, computer. Left the apartment and headed to school. It was a pretty warm day, warmer than usual. The rain stopped and the sun was out a good start to the day. Got to school and reviewed my planning for the day and made sure I had everything for each class. My first two classes went smoothly, we played more games than usual because I was in a good mood and pretty sore so wanted to sit while my students did the activities. Love that part of the job, get to do what you want and the children cant say anything. Those two classes ended had a break and ate my PB&J with some chips. Put my head down for a little and closed my eyes because I was still pretty tired and wanted to self prepare for my two worst classes coming up. The buzzer rang and headed to A3, I hope they can act appropriately for two days in a row. Is it possible? Nope, it is not. They were probably just as excited as I was for the weekend, but I couldnt take any of their crap today. This one kid Rooney is just a lost cause and the KT's agree there is no way to handle him. I even tried putting a little tierra on him that I found and he laughed as well as the other kids in the class. Well, that plan backfired. This other girl Annie I had to sit in the baby chair because she wouldn't shut up. It didnt seem to bother her that she was in the baby chair starring at a red dot on the white board. Next time I guess I am going to get a wooden spoon or just the back of my hand and slap them (not). That class eventually ended and then came my other bad class B3, where Thomas and Lauren are just awful. I make it a point to pick on them and have them stand with their hands above their head for a prolonged period of time. They told the KT teacher about it and she didnt really mind. She just told me to try to be fair and I said I was and that they are just bad students. Whew, that class over and now some fun classes and well behaved kids that I can control and teach. The next three classes went smoothly and finally had another break. With this break I did my planning for Monday and got that out of the way. My final class came and love ending with them. They teach me some Korean words, (good or bad ones) and I teach them some English. I have found another word that the students cant pronounce: Mrs. (misses). It is very hard for them and we spent 10 minutes going over Mr, Ms, and Mrs. I think they got it. Class came to an end and now the weekend can beging!
Evan and I walked back to our apartment where Max prepared dinner for us. What a guy, said the shabbat prayers and said Happy Hanukkah to each other (Evan not Jewish). Had a nice stir fry, drank some beer, and relaxed for a little. After dinner we started our epic night. We first headed to bowling around 11, brought our 54 ouncer with us and had a blast. Rolled two games and it was the first time I beat Max two in a row and he did not break 100 either game. I rolled a 125 and a 146, pretty good for not bowling for 4 or 5 months and the legs still being sore. After bowling we headed downtown and went to Billy Bowl for a little to meet up with some Westerners and chilled for a little bit. Now the night starts getting even better. Max, Evan, this girl Amanda, and I head to MK club. Pay the cover and head inside. It is about 1 and we just start going crazy. The music is blaring, Koreans dancing, and of course we join the crowd. We start dancing and dancing, and eventually get up on their little stage. Ev and I have a little dance battle, I will give the battle to him, but not next time. While we were dancing Amanda had to leave to catch a train back to her little remote town. I didnt really mind because I was dancing with some Korean girls who were very attractive. Danced for a long long time and finally took a break and went outside for a bit with one of the girls and tried to communicate with her. She told me I was her type and handsome, I believe they say that to every American. I asked for her number she gave it to me and got a little kiss. My first Korean kiss!!! Went back inside started dancing and before you know it she disappears. Haha, oh women. We leave around 3am and I see her leaving as well and she gives me the little call me signal. Who knows, what a tease.
We head to Who's Bob which is just Westerners and a totally different atmosphere and I was still in the dancing mood and wanted to leave. Convinced Max and Evan and we went to another club called Frog. This place a little bigger than MK and more people as well as more Westerners. Starting dancing again and found another group of Korean women and danced with them the rest of the night/morning. They go hard and dont stop dancing and either did I, however my legs started to get tired and I thing we were all ready to leave. We all made the signal to leave after a couple hours and headed out of the club. As we walked out I asked Max what time it was and he said 5AM and I was like hell yeah, that was awesome. The club was still packed when we left and apparently closes at 6. Started to head back, picked up some water and talked about the night and were wondering if Korean's enjoy our presence or they hate it because all American guy, especially Army guys are always there trying to pick them up. Who knows, but something to think about when we try to make a move on them.
Eventually got back to the apartment and I attempted to text that girl and the message failed to send. I tried calling the number and of course it was a fake number and I was played. Oh well, still had an unbelievable time! Around 5:30-6 and went to bed although my ears were ringing from the clubs. Finally fell asleep after an insane evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment