Friday, December 4, 2009

Dec 4

Ahhh, the day of waking up sore from working out, wouldnt have it any other way. My arms, legs, back, and chest, sore from the Korean work out from the night before. Took a hot shower, ate breakfast, and skyped with my bro. After that headed to school. The weather here is still pretty nice, I would say in the mid to low 40's. I am guessing that beats Michigan weather, whatever that is right now, probably 6 inches of snow on the ground and minus 10. However, people say it gets pretty cold here, but I doubt it is any worse than what I experienced for 4 years in Ann Arbor. Oh, how I miss that place.
Got to school around 12 and started doing planning some planning for Monday. Even though I am happy it is Friday, it is my longest and hardest day of the week besides Monday. 12:50-8:15 with seven classes. So my first class of the day one of my students had a birthday, so we had a little birthday party. It was really fun and funny. It was David Wi's son, so he brought in lots of food for our class, all stuff I couldn't eat. Its okay, because I have gotten used to that by now, snacks unable to be eaten by me, because of the dairy and goodness of whats inside of them. So we decorated the room and kids, sang happy birthday in Korean, Chinese, and English, then cut the cake and took pictures. Definitely took time out of my teaching for that period (yes). After the party, tried to settle down the children, but rather hard because they were all hopped up on sugar. So that class was pretty unsuccessful in the learning aspect, but fun because I got to experience my first Korean birthday! Once that class ended headed to my next, and taught them some English.
Those two classes came and went then comes break time, where I did some more planning and ate some lunch. This is were my day becomes very long and exhausting. 5 classes back to back, where the first three are students who are hard to handle. It is Friday, so I get through it knowing the weekend is near. The next two are a lot better and finally another break! Finished my telephone teaching and planning for Monday and then headed to my last class of the day. One of my favorite classes because they are so relaxed, fun, and pretty stupid. They are fun to teach and we get along great. (I forgot to mention that for some reason every student had lots of exams today for actual school so they were all exhausted and did not want to learn. They had like 4 or 5 tests in a row. It is crazy, so I tried to be a little lighter on them and some of them didnt even show up). The last class ended and started to get a move on for the door. Left school with Max and took a cab to Restaurant street. Overwhelmed with restaurants and prices we really couldnt decide which one to pick. We went in and out of restaurants seeing which one we wanted and ended up picking a mediocre Korean BBQ place. Very hard to choose and have to get recommendations from someone, because there are over 200 restaurants. Still feeling hungry we stopped at our favorite persons place, right near our house. It is a family of three that run this tapoki place which is a rice noodle. They are so nice and their little boy used to go to Ding DIng Dang so he knows some English and we all communicate through him. It was great and when we order something they always add more and bring us extra and call it service which means free. So we filled up on some cheap food, everything was for a dollar. They also make these waffles, that look absolutely delicious and we had a 20 minute conversation going back and forth if it had dairy in it. They said it had no milk or butter and even called the people who made the batter! They said it didnt have any dairy, so I took my chances and took a bite. Yummmmy! Ate the rest and hoped nothing would come of it. We thanked them and said our goodbyes and as we were leaving she handed us apples. What generous people! Once we left, headed back to our apartment and I sort of waited and observed to see if anything was going to happen. In my mind I for sure thought something was going to happen, but in the end nothing. Was it luck, or was there really no dairy? I guess I am going to have to go for round two! Sat around for a bit and then we decided to go to these people's apartment we just met last week to hang out and have a few drinks. We played some drinking games and met some of their friends. They seem pretty cool and thing we will be hanging out with them more often. After a few games, we decided to come back to the apartment and head to sleep.
Another day in Korea!

No comments:

Post a Comment