Went out Saturday night feeling good. Accomplished hiking up a mountain during the day and rewarding myself with going out. Max and I wanted to go this club called Posha. Just opened a week ago and we checked it out the other day and agreed to come back tonight. Got there and there was a little line, so we waited in it for a little. Finally got to the front and the doorman said 30,000 won for both of us. Max literally laughed in the guys face. We left and headed to MK club, which was only 10, however we could tell where the crowd had went when we stepped inside. Danced for a bit then headed out toward Go-Go, where the Americans were. Pretty fun, but I was in the mood to dance, so we went back to Posha and I told the guy that our writsts bands had fallen off, whether he cared or night, let us right in. Stepped in the club and it was insane to say the least. Tons of people dancing there ass off to probably one of the best DJ's Max and I have ever heard. We were dancing and having a great time with the Koreans, sweating my ass off. I was covered in sweat and when we left, the wetness made the night so much colder than it actually was. Stopped at an Orange place to eat some food and met some cool Korean dudes who spoke some English and ended uo buying our meal for us. Headed home and fell asleep.
Dec 27th.
Woke up around 1PM not feeling to bad and thinking what I should do today. First thing was to start thinking of places to see in Japan and translating key phrases that we need to know to Japanese. Then I remembered that Choi was going to show me his haircut place, because it was that time for me. Hair was getting a little out of control. Called him around 2 and told him that we should meet in front of the gym at 3:30. 2:40 comes and he calls me asking me where I was, a communication error. So I hustled to the gym and he was nowhere to be found. Called him and he told me he was in his car, saw him and got in. He took me to this haircut place right near my school. I started to get really nervous because who knows how this was going to turn. I even brought a picture in to give them some sort of guidance of what I wanted. Entered the salon, which was pretty small and had 2 middle-aged women cutting hair. Waited until it was my turn and when the time came said a little prayer. Showed the woman my picture and she literally took a 1 second glance at it and never wanted it again. She started my haircut, and with each minute passing by I was thinking how bad could this actually be. I have never seen a person take so much time to cut hair. Each cut had to be perfect and precise. It probably to about 45 minutes to cut/trim my hair. It was finally over and it didnt look too bad, I could actually work with this. The best part of all was that it was only 5 dollars, which included a shampoo wash. Compared to some of the hair cuts Ive had in the states and the price they charge, this ranks up there with some of the best, taking into account the price and how long and precise she was. Thanked them and Choi for showing me the place.
Got back in his car and went to pick up his son from the library. He really wanted me to meet him, so I agreed to go with. His son is 17 and about to enter high school in March. (There year ends in December and starts in March. Our summer vacation.) He was nice, but did not know much English or was very shy which Choi had mentioned to me. After we picked him up, Choi took me back to my apartment and wished me a healthy and safe trip to Japan. I told him thanks and will seem him in a week.
Home and now preparing more for Japan.
Saturday, December 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment