Waking up before the ipod alarm is a good thing I guess. Hopped in the shower, ate breakfast, and was able to talk to my mom. I was very happy to be able to skype with her and talk about the cruise she went on. It seemed like everyone had a great time. After talking with her, I headed to school and on the way to school saw a swarm of fire trucks and ambulances surrounding this one particular area. Many Koreans were out and observing, so I took my camera out and started taking photos, because it was the first time I had seen anything like that here. Even though Koreans were watching the scene, they didn’t seem to like that I was taking pictures and were giving me weird looks. But, as they were looking at me I thought about how many times I have seen them in America taking pictures or videotaping the most simplest of things, like be seated at a restaurant. Anyways, after that little happening, got to school and started to plan and do some work. Had a bite to eat and then started teaching. Nothing out of the ordinary in teaching today, but I have gotten stricketer with some of my classes. I guess it is necessary to do so in order to have a successful class period. Show them who’s boss first, and then lighten up. Hopefully I will succeed.
I finished up my last class and was excited to go out and have some drinks. First, walked home with Max and as we were coming home stopped and took pictures of the beautiful Christmas lights at Daegu bank. They had been working on them for the past couple of weeks, and they turned out beautiful. Once we had enough of that we continued walking and Max of course had to stop at his favorite street food vendor to get his dairy filled pancake. It looked delicious and my mouth started to water, however, as we were standing there I started talking to this Korean man and he asked where I was from and told him USA, Atlanta Georgia, 1996 Olympics. He kept asking me questions, I kept answering ‘Ne’ (Yes) and stuff got lost in translation and he thought I was an Olympian. Felt, bad and told him the truth as well as I could and he actually called me a liar, which was pretty funny. Max and I continued walking home and I spotted a gym that my Korean Teachers were telling me about and I had to step in. It seemed like a decent price, but wanted more information on it, so I will go back tomorrow. The gym I stopped at a few nights ago were asking 110,000 won a month this one was asking 60,000 won a month. Very big price difference. Once we left the gym we ended up eating at an orange place near us and then finally made it home. Hung out for a little bit, was able to talk to my dad on skype, which is always a pleasure, and then headed downtown.
Made it downtown and of course had to try our first bag drink. The place is called Vinaroo and they make any drink for you however weak or strong you want it and put it into a ziplock looking bag. Pretty cool idea and a good deal for the amount of alcohol. They let you try it and if you think it needs more alcohol they will add more for no additional cost. So I didn’t even really taste it and said give me more, because why the hell not. Drank our bags while we were waking down the street to Who’s Bob. We were actually allowed to drink them in there which was awesome, met up with our friends and played some pool and what not. Had a fun night and came back to our apartment around 2 and fell asleep.
Thursday, December 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment