Thursday, December 10, 2009

Dec 10 A rainy day

Thursday, just another day in Korea. Still can't believe I am doing this. Woke up around 10:30 looked outside and saw it was really cloudy and rainy. Checked weather.com and it said it was going to rain all day. Uggg, what a shitty day. I also remembered that I was supposed to skype with my aunt and uncle. Got on skype and they werent on, however my brother was on so we talked and caught up. Took a shower and still no Barbara. Emailed my dad to get in contact with them and I guess it worked because they got on in the next few minutes, although no Barb. Talked to Uncle Mike and Sarah for a little bit, it was great talking to them. Brought me up to date with some US news and other things. Hung up with them and saw my mom was on so we chatted for a bit. Got to see and say hello to Brooke and Emma. I always love talking to family and seeing what they are up to. After we spoke for a bit I was about to head to school and Barb called so we ended up chatting for a little. Loved seeing and talking to all of you.
Headed to school with Max and since we were running a little late we took a cab. It was the first woman cab driver I have seen and been in. Was a little nervous, but she got us there. Woo!
Thursday is my shortest day with only six classes. My first two are always the same. However, on Thursday it is Y1 with PE. Attended PE and played leap frog, triangle game, and four corners. They love it too! After that class ended break and went to go get a quick bite to eat with Max. I had this short rib soup that was so damn hot temperature wise that I had to sit there for 10 minutes before I even attempted to eat it. Max was almost done with his food by the time I took my first bite. They love bringing out soups while they are still boiling, it is crazy. Lunch done and went back to school. If you do not recall, the next class I have (A3) is the worst class in the school and I had a heart to heart with them last time and was hoping they acted decently. Walked in the classroom and I felt that they were going to be a better class today. Started teaching and then the secratary interrupted us because today was the day all the students were able to trade in their points for prizes. So they did that for 10 minutes and then I continued teaching. The class went really well, without any problems. I felt so good and told them that they were all excellent and this is how it should be every class. Hopefully that sticks with them, we will see tomorrow if they go back to the old way. Other than that my other classes were not to exciting. Did some teaching here and there and ended at 6. Stayed at school for awhile and did my planning for Friday and tried to do some telephone teaching, but none of the students were home. Have to try again tomorrow. Finished what I needed to get done and headed to the gym in the rain.
Got to the gym and who do I see in the locker room...Choi! My man, how you doing lets go workout. Went upstairs, I got on the bike and he started doing his own thing. Today was leg day, I hate leg day, but very necessary. Choi and I had brief conversations here and there about music, family, me being a short American, and my beautiful face. I guess they are only used to seeing really tall Americans, because I thought I was tall...not. After a hard work out went back to the locker room, showered up and he took me for a quick bite to eat. He ate dinner before hand so he literally just bought me dinner and talked to me while I ate. Some Koreans are just so nice. Would Americans do that for other foreigners? We parted ways, but not before planning a Saturday work out get together. Walked home and started writing this blog.
Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment