Tuesday, almost half way through the week. Today I had my ipod, which means that I had an alarm clock! I set it for 9:30, so I could wake up and go to the gym. 9:30 came and my alarm went off and although not wanting to get out of bed I did and made breakfast and got ready to go. I do not have to bring gym shorts or a t-shirt because the gym provides a uniform each time you go. The only things I took were my gym shoes, extra underwear and socks, and soap for the shower. When arrived at the gym I went to the weight room because I still needed to get my personal locker and combination. It was a different guy than last time because I doubt the same guy works at 10pm works at 10am. So this guy was very confused and luckily I remembered to bring my registration form so the confusion was minimal. We took a few minutes to look for my members card and decided to write mine in English so I could find it from now on. After I swiped my card he took me down to the locker room and showed me my locker and locker combo. I put all my valuables in my little personal locker and my clothes in a regular locker with no lock. Got dressed and went to work upstairs to workout. As I was heading toward the bike, the guy took me over this machine and told me to stand on it for 3 minutes. It was considered a 'warm up' for a warm up. All it did was vibrate and shake under my feet, which in turn vibrated my legs, in result jiggled my ass and whole body. Each minute he made it faster and faster. I was laughing because my ass had never jiggled so much and never knew it could do that. Maybe I will do this every time before I work out. After the three minute were up headed to the bike and then did the rest of my workout which consisted of chest and back exercises. After my workout took two Korean towels and headed toward the hot room where I spent a minute or two in there and had a non-conversation with this Korean woman who just kept talking to me even though I told her I didnt understand in Korean. Left the hot room to go to the shower and after I got out of the shower there was a Korean man who started talking to me and once again continued even though I told him I didnt understand. I guess they dont care like Americans dont and will just keep talking and they hope we might pick up something and that we should understand. However, I have only been here 4 weeks, Im working on it slowly but surely. Got dressed and left the gym towards school.
I felt very good after my workout and was happy that I did it. Hopefully I can make this into a routine. Entered school around 12:00 and remembered it was Tuesday and that we had an ENT meeting, woohoo. Went over some more information that was not important and could be sent over email to save everyone time, but whatever it only took 10 minutes. After that went to grab some lunch (kimbop and meat). Headed back to school and started teaching. My 12:50 class is one of the hardest to teach because they are young and it is right after lunch so they are still energetic from lunch/playtime. So half the time I am getting them to settle down and the other half I am teaching them. One of the kids, Brian who is one of the coolest kids (in a pic on facebook of him eating) was just bad today. Would not pay attention and I could not get him to do anything so I had to put him in the baby chair for 5-10 min. Of course when I do this his mom shows up and sees this and after class is very upset. The Korean Teacher for that class came up to me and asked me why I did it and I told her and would have done it again. Apparently his mother was very upset and was about to cry. Well, hopefully he will be better next time. So that class ended and I went to the next and that went a lot smoother. Had a break and did some planning and other school work.
My next hardest class is after this break and like I have said before is the worst class in the school. Today, they were especially bad and I was also very stern and would not take crap from them today. They kept fooling around so at the end of class I gave them an ultimatum, which was that this could be a fun class or the most boring class ever and on Thursday they better show me some respect. I dont know if they cared, but it felt good saying. If this one kid was not in this class I think it would be a lot better, he just make it a point to piss of any teacher. My other classes went well after that and I ended at 7:45. Stayed around for a bit because I learned besides having to do telephone teaching I also have to listen to a recording of students' reading a book and grade them. Very tedious and hard to do because most of the recordings are fuzzy and real quite so you cant hear anything they say. So you just have to make up the grades and comments. Did that for a little and then left to head downtown because we were craving a burger from this place called Gorilla Burger that every Westerner has recommended. Sally the KT offered to drive us there and I was reluctant at first because all Korean women are awful drivers. They dont get their license till there late 20's early 30's for some reason. When we got to her car the car was diagonal in the parking spot and the bumper was way over the curb. We got in the car and the automatic shift lever thing (cant think of the word) was in drive instead of park somehow. So she thought the battery was dead because the car wouldnt start, but in reality the lever just had to be put in park and Max told her to do so. I do not know how it is even possible to leave your car like that let alone get the keys out of the ignition. Women! She had a valid excuse of running late to school and was in a rush, which we have all been in at some point and make silly mistakes. So I was very worried about the 10 minute drive downtown and was even considering the 4 dollars for a taxi. In any event she got us there and actually brought us right in front of the restaurant somehow in the middle of downtown. Ate the juicy burgers, they were good for Korean standards. One of the first filling meals I have had in a while. Then went to the hookah bar for a little and just chilled.
After half hour or so left and went back to the apartment. Started unpacking my backpack and realized that I forgot my ipod again at school! Got to start remembering that sucker. Of course, the alarm will go off at like 9:30 there blasting and someone will have to turn it off. Oh well, I will get it tomorrow and hopefully will remember to bring it back with me.
Goodnight
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment