Monday, December 14, 2009

Dec 14th A typical Monday

Waking up on Monday is always harder than any other day of the week. Alarm went off around 9:30 and it was time to get ready and go the gym. Ate some breakfast and headed out the door for the gym. Arrived at Sevenfitness changed went upstairs and had this moment and instead of the bike went to the treadmill. Did that for a few minutes and then it was Chest and Back day. Started doing my routine and without fail one of the people who worked there started giving me advice on what I 'should' be doing according to them. It is really frustrating because I just want to do my own thing, but I let them help me and give me advice on what to do. Some of it old news, some I actually might use in my routine next time. I just really want to be able to workout without any interruption, hopefully in time they will stop and start helping the people who really need it. My writing might sound like a mean tone, but I know they are just trying to be nice to the foreigner and its all good and I give them a big smile and thank you when they do help.
Finished my workout took a shower then headed to school around 12. Got to school, put my things down, reviewed some of my planning for my next few classes, then went to lunch with Max. Had some meat and rice, which was well needed and filling. Headed back to school to start classes. On Monday's I have eight classes with two in a row. Break. Then five in a row. Break. Then one. Done. My first two classes were easy. During my break planned for Tuesday. After break ended had A3, who were actually pretty good today and had fun with them. Played a sticky ball game where I draw circles on the board with different points assigned to them. Most in the positives however one was subtract points and of course a girl hit that one and started to cry. I felt so bad and all the kids ran up to console her and of course I let her throw again. All is good. My next class is really starting to be a class where I am about to flip a shit on two of these kids. Just big brats who don't listen to a thing. So I do not play games with them if they are not good, I dont care. Had a little headache after that class, but my other classes went pretty smoothly. During my next break ran and got some kimbop cause I was starving! Came back and finished up my planning for tomorrow. Headed to my last class of the day and knew it was going to be easy. We have finished the level they are on so we just reviewed and played games. It was fun. Class ended and headed home with Max and Evan. Stopped at out Galbi (BBQ) place and ate some dinner. Delicious! Was going to stop and get a waffle at our woman's place, but the husband wasnt there to make them. Disappointing, but we will let it slide for now. Came back to the apartment talked to my dad and finished writing this blog.
Tomorrow is payday, although excited to get paid, not getting paid a full month because Koreans only pay you once a month. So we will only be getting 2 weeks worth and then subtracting some expenses from that. We shall see how it goes.

Goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    From: yas@ks.catv.ne.jp
    To: Bajake@aol.com
    Sent: 12/15/2009 3:55:33 A.M. Eastern Standard Time
    Subj: Re: happy holidays..


    Michael,

    It is nice to hear from you.
    Regarding your nephew's visit, Dec. 31 through Jan. 1 is in the middle of year end and new year holiday season.
    I understand that in your country new year means only the first day, but here in Japan it last for several days.
    Traditionally on the last day of the year people visit Buddist temples and during the first three days visit shrines.
    On these days most of the shops do not open.

    Anyway I am available on Jan. 3 and will give them a short trip aroud the town.
    Is it the day they will leave Tokyo?
    Let me know if they have any paticular place they would like to see.

    Regards,
    Yas
    ----- Original Message -----
    From: Bajake@aol.com
    To: yas@ks.catv.ne.jp
    Sent: Monday, December 14, 2009 2:43 AM
    Subject: happy holidays..


    Yas,


    How are you.. It was great to see you this summer. Glad to see that retirement is treating you well.

    One of my nephews began teaching English in Korea last month. He and his friend are going to visit Japan (Tokyo) December 31 to January 3.


    Is there any chance you will be close by or available to show him around one evening or afternoon. He promises that he and his friend can drink you under the table. It seems they have found all the Koren clubs and go out until very late each night.

    Regards.

    ReplyDelete