Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Nov 25

Another day of teaching. Seems like I have been doing it for a while, but in reality have only been teaching for 4 full days. I am stating to see a pattern, but then again still have no clue what I am doing and am still going off what the previous teacher left behind for me. Starting Monday I will be planning my on lessons and am excited for that. I think I am going to start tomorrow because it may take awhile and I don't want to procrastinate on Monday morning nor do I really want to stay late friday, even though that may happen.
So today seemed harder than the last few days controlling the students. It seemed as though there was just 1 student each class that disrupted ruined for the rest. You have the jokester, complainer, and loud mouth. It is hard to control these children especially when they do not care about the reward points. I believe 3 out of my 7 classes today I had to hold a student back and talk to them in private about their behavior. It is interesting how different their behavior is when they are all alone and none of their friends are around them to support them. They are dead silent and can't even look me in the face they are so scared. Hopefully, I got through to at least one of them and friday will be a better day, but who knows.
In addition, 2 new teachers from Boston came today and were at our school even though they will be teaching at a different location. Pretty cool guys, with a stong Boston accent. Other than that the day was pretty ordinary. I made some chicken breast for dinner tonight and decided to stay in due to feeling a little under the weather. Max taught me how to my gin rummy 500 and he beat me, but I held my own for awhile. Now, in bed about to fall asleep.

Goodnight and Happy Thanksgiving!
Enjoy the Turdunken

1 comment:

  1. Jeremy!
    Everything sounds amazing! Sarah went on facebook and we looked at your pictures. Looks beautiful!

    Michael is FRYING a turkey today and we will be eating that along with the turducken that Josh got. We will toast to you as we stuff our tummies. We miss you. Happy Thanksgiving.

    Barb

    ReplyDelete