Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I can't believe Im an english teacher

I am sure most of you reading this blog are saying to yourselves why the hell is jeremy teaching english. He doesnt know the first thing about it. And to be frank, in America I would not last a second being an english teacher. First, I want to give props to teachers, for doing their job well. It is a hard job, and needs much preparation and should be so easily attained just because we graduated college. This is the real deal and I had no idea what i was really getting myself into. Planning, coordinating with other teachers, actually teaching, checking HW, etc. I am not qualified for that. So like I said in my last blog was that today was my first teaching day and for all of you the teacher I have been observing could really care less about anything and helping me out. Max's teacher goes above and beyond to help him out and he can attest to that. Luckily, he has been taking notes and obtained copies for me. Anyways, my first class was crap. I had less than five mintues to look over what I was supposed to do. And for those of you who have taught actual class, if you don't know what is going on, class is worthless for both the students and the teacher. I felt really bad and knew that I did a horrible job, but it was my first class I ever taught. The second class I had went a lot better. I had time to prepare and went over the material with the other teacher. I was on task and the children seemed engaged. My last class, I took a step backwards because I did not have that much time to prepare. I noticed the more you prepare the better you perform and it shows. So I taught 3 classes today and am relieved the first day is over.

side note- 3 children cried in my first class. Pretty funyy

After school Max and I went out with one of our other co-teachers Evan. We ate at this shady place downtown. We literally pointed to a phrase on the wall and they brought us a stew that consisted of some type of meat (very tender fell of the bone, so it could have been good), spices, and garnish. This soup was super spicy and gave us a cleansing. Once dinner was finshed, we walked around then ended up at Who's Bob bar where we met many foreginers and drank and had a good time. I am tired its 2am I need to go to bed.

TTYL

3 comments:

  1. jeremy your commentary about the first day was halarious, especially about the cleansing. Keep us posted and tell Max to blog if he has the patience. take care and have a great time.

    ron holland

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed with your writing skills and the descriptive method you have adopted. Why have you made your mother and I revise your papers all these years when you had this capability?? Keep it up, the experience sounds unbelievable. love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. J What grade are you teaching??How old are the kids??
    You are giving us such an accurate sense of what you are experiencing It is amazing..what a journey!.Can't wait until tomorrow's blog!XOXOXO
    MOM

    ReplyDelete