Is it Thanksgiving? I would not have even thought about it if it weren't for my family reminding me. Hope everyone enjoys their turkeys (fried or baked), stuffing, and other sides that you might have. For us, Max and I made stir fry in our tiny little kitchen. What a great Thanksgiving.
Lets go back to the beginning of the day shall we. Woke up around 10:30, still feeling a little under the weather, took a shower and ate a PB&J sandwich. Then headed on my nice little 30 minute stroll with Maximus. It was actually a really nice day out today, I would say in the upper 50's. Got to school, reviewed my material for a little then started teaching at 12:50. Oh those little kindergartners, they can be a real handful. Still trying to figure out how to control them. Its either they are really well behaved or they are just bouncing off the wall, you never know what you are going to get and I think I could say that for most of my classes. Taught 2 classes back to back then break. In my second class we had a little P.E. time which consisted of us going into the larger of the small classrooms and try to have the kids unwind a bit without anyone getting hurt. I brought a great game from the states called 4 corners. Not a board game, just a game that deals with the 4 corners of the room. It was fun and the kids really seemed to enjoy it. Like I said, after that class I have a break where I go get a quick bite to eat. Then have four classes back to back. The hardest class to control and unanimously voted by all Korean teachers is my A3 class. Woooo, they give me a headache. Half of them dont pay attention. A few kids are smart while the others are far behind. Tough to control and teach material that everyone will pay attention to.
After those 4 classes I was done for the day so I stuck around and did some telephone teaching, which is where I call students from a class and ask them a series of questions and grade them on their responses. Pretty cool to do. Also, did some planning and talked to other Korean teachers about classes that we shared. They give us tips and how they want the class to progress. Stayed there for about 2 hours headed home with Max and made stir fry for Thanksgiving.
That is all folks. Enjoy the break.
Thursday, November 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Jeremy. I really enjoyed reading your blog. Talked to your Mom yesterday and she gave me the email address. Sounds like you're having an incredible experience. Just hang tough for your kids and I am sure they will learn to love you and what you have to teach. I want some Korean barbeque! Love, Aunt Elaine
ReplyDeletehey man, your blog is awesome. Keep up the writing if you can. I am searching Chicago now for good Korean BBQ because you won't stop talking about oit and I saw the pictures on facebook and it looks fantastic.
ReplyDeleteHappy Thanksgiving
-Krantz