What another pleasant day of waking up in the love motel. If I have not said this before, I think Max and I are the longest staying tenants of this place. No joke! So today was a big day for us. Max and I had to make a hospital visit to get blood work done, etc. This was an experience by itself. We arrived at the hospital that to me looked run down and would never attend in the states. But when we went inside it was pretty decent and my heart beat slowed down a little. One of our Korean teachers accompanied us so that we knew what we were doing and could translate some of the documents and commands the nurses were saying. The first step was to fill out all these forms, you know the common questionnaires that you usually fill out when you go for an initial appointment. However, these questions were LOL funny because they were translated and just did not make any sense. For example, one question was; "You are out of blood and feel depressed?" Max and I just started cracking up. They just did not make any sense. After that, they took us upstairs to the next station where we got weighed, measured, blood pressure, eyes checked (Max is colored blind), and ears check. Next, we went to down the hall where we had our chests x-rayed. I assume it was for tuberculosis. At this point we started to freak out and thought that this was the most intense check-up ever. Lastly, we went down the last hall where we had a urine and blood test. Thankfully, that was the lasts of the tests and we were finished. Wooo, done, hopefully everything works out and we pass.
So today, again I taught 3 classes. The teacher who has been helping me pretty much cried in every class because she was so upset, not because of the job i was doing but because she was leaving those little children. Guaranteed in 3 weeks she will forget about them. Everything went well and am excited for tomorrow to be my own teacher and run the class. It is time to get strict, they have been slacking this past week.
On a side note I met David WI finally who is the owner of the company and hired Max and I. Straight business man. That is all.
So we had a little going away party for the 2 teachers, yada yada yada.
Went to another Korean BBQ place, for I have fallen in love with them and could eat it every evening for dinner, as of now.
Went back to ice bar for a goodbye get together. Met some other teachers who were also leaving soon. Also, met some cool Koreans and hopefully will get to hang out with them and go to true Korean bars/Clubs.
Hope all is well back in the states!
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds like your getting the hand of things there. I bet the kids have an easy time adjusting to you once the present teacher leaves. Teaching is really hard, I know cause I've taught. Once you settle in to a routine, you will own the classroom! Sounds like your enjoying the experience.
ReplyDeletex, Jill
Don't worry. You'll have it all down pat soon, J Teacher. Can you tell us about any of the odd cultural stuff you've observed? Are the people overly polite? Do people randomly accost you on the street? Has anyone asked you if you prefer non-dairy creamer?
ReplyDelete