Its Friday, and very excited for the weekend. Woke up and went to school around 12 to start planning for my Monday classes. I finally get to plan my own classes and am pretty excited about it. Took a little bit of time, but I think once I get the hang of it, it will just be like tying my shoe laces. And yes I am very good at tying them. After planning, started my classes at 12:50 where I have two then a break. I would say fridays are my toughest days because I have 8 classes and end at 8:15. Once my break ended I started the 5 classes back to back. Very tiring. Some classes went great and others very hard to control the students to the point where I had to move a student into the middle of the room or have the student sit in a baby chair (just a really small chair) and look at a dot on the white board. Cruel, but necessary for some of these children who do not care about the reward system. Anyways, after the 5 classes had another break where I continued planning and finished my telephone teaching. Once that break ended, had my final class and, I love this class. So mellow and mature that it is easy and a great way to end the night to start the weekend. Class over and its time to start another couple days off!!
Left school with Max and Evan and of course had to go to some Korean BBQ, the only way to start off a Friday night. We try a new one every time (there are so many of them). This one was on the higher end scale (about 10 a person). We ordered two different types of meat; spicy and sweet which tasted similar to terrayki and a bottle of soju (similar to a vodka like drink). The meal was delicious. *quick note: Soju- is a very popular drink in South Korea for dinner. Almost every restaurant you pass it is rare not to find at least two bottles of Soju at every table. These people love it and enjoy drinking. Once the meal was finished and are belly's full we headed back to our apartment and picked up some beer. Drank their for a little while then headed downtown. Went to this bar Commune, which was alright, the only reason we went there was because one of our buddies bands was playing. Got pretty toasty and forgot that we had to wake up early to go to school for this orientation. Ooopps. Came back to the apartment around 2:30 and went to bed
After a short and unrestful sleep woke up at 9 and felt alright. Still feeling like I was last night , took a shower to try to feel up and adam, but didnt really help. Cabbed it to school with Max and tried to enjoy these new little children who were looking at our school. These children knew no English and were amazed by our presence. However, I couldn't wait for 12 to come and take a nap. 12 came and I made it! Grabbed a quick bite to eat and headed back to the apartment and crashed. Now writing this blog and I am done writing for now.
Talk to you soon
Friday, November 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Jeremy,
ReplyDeleteGlad your having such an awesome experience! Just think of what a good disciplinarian you'll be when you have your own kids! Yes, so much planning as a teacher! Plus you have no education classes which usually gives a teacher some plans as a base. It is a lot like studying for a test. It will get easier once your get in the rythym. Teaching is an underpayed job.....but very important! When I had disruptive kids I tried to have them help me and keep them close so they would feel important and not act out. I found they acted out to get attention, only it was bad attention(mine didn't care as long as they were noticed & punishing sometimes made it worse). Sounds like your going to miss that BBQ when you leave there. I hope your getting some exercise!!! Love reading your blog. Hope you continue to have fun. Love, Jill