Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Nov 24,

First, some people have been asking about pictures and my answer to that is I don't know how to post them on this blog. Also, I am already posting them on facebook, so you can either sign up for facebook and friend me or have someone that has facebook share with you.

Enough about that, so a my second Tuesday here in Korea. Pretty crazy to think about, but am glad that I have finally spoken to all my family members on skype! Miss everyone a bunch! So I woke up around 10, ate breakfast which was just a PB&J sandwich then like I said skyped my mom/sis and bro. After skyping headed to school with Max for a ENT (English Native Teacher) meeting. We have one every Tuesday at 12 and they last for about 20 minutes and are pretty pointless. They just review what went on last week and what is coming up this week. The only important /sucky news I found out was that we have to be at school Saturday for open house which is for prospective students. Bummer, right! Continuing on with the day, had my Y3 and Y1 classes first (kindergarten age). These children although cute (that one is for you Josh) are very exhausting. They have no attention span and as soon as you turn to write on the board or check something they are off the wall. SO the voice is going as well as the throat is throbbing. After these 2 classes I have break and went to eat some korean food. Break time over, 4 straight classes back to back. In my opinion, I feel like I am doing a better job, but really still don't have a clue if I am teaching them correctly. I literally just drill pronunciation and sentence structure over and over. Might sound boring to some, but actually very interesting and entertaining. Those 4 classes end, break, then one more class. The day is finally over and Max, Evan (new friend/english teacher), and I go out for some Korean BBQ. Delicious!!!.

Side note- Starting to understand the reason Ding Ding Dang has such a bad reputation for foreign teachers. Not much free time for us during the week, except at night. You spend more time planning than actually teaching. Don't know if that is how it is for actual teachers. Would love the input. Melissa? Jill? Cheryl? Mom?

1 comment:

  1. Try to find some turkey tomorrow in honor of Thanksgiving! Josh is cooking a turducken tonight and the cooking instructions indicate that it feeds 25-30 people! Most likely because everyone takes one bite and they are done! Hang in there--miss you. love, Dad

    ReplyDelete