May 1st
Max and I decided to go to Busan and head to the beach. We left around 10:30 and arrived at the beach around 1:30. Ate at a burger joint, picked up some beer then went to the beach. It wasnt a hot day, but a nice enough day to hang out at the beach and throw the ball around. It was a great way to start off the month of May. As we were relaxing, listening to music, we observed once again why the stereotype of Asians loving to take pictures is actually true. Every where I turned people were taking hundreds of photos of themselves or their friends until they got the perfect photo. It is amazing how obsessed they are with their camera. It is actually quite humorous. It wouldnt be out of the ordinary if they took one photo and moved on, but they literally snap away like they are at a photo shoot every time they pull out their camera. Most of them have their camera stands and even some have stands for their phones.
After spending a few hours at the beach we decided to hit the casino. Got to the casino, we had to check our bags and had to wear our hats backwards for some reason. I wanted to play black jack, but of course the 5 and 10 dollar tables were full and then it jumped to 50 and 100 dollar tables and that aint going to happen. So we decided to play roulette. Initially I put in $20 and lost it pretty quickly, then put in another $10 and the luck started to change. I hit 3 numbers and some other off number winners, making over $100, which capped the day off. After the casino, we headed back to Daegu.
Went to galbi and ate the most I have ever eaten. Max didnt want any and I ate it all by myself. We calculated it to about 20 oz. of meat + sides. My stomach was not so great afterwards. Attempted to go out, but couldnt even drink and was also in a food coma. Went back home and went to bed.
Sunday
Woke up around 10:30 and had plans to meet Jade to go outside of Daegu. Met at 12:30 at the bus station, where we decided to go to Andong (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andong). It took an hour and half to get there. Once we arrived headed to hahoe village (pronounced hahwae). A very traditional village with traditional houses surrounded by a river. It was very neat and the weather was absolutely beautiful. Check facebook for photos. After the village we went to get some of Andong's special chicken. There was one street/market specifically for this chicken. Every place served the same exact thing, so it was tough to choose which one was good, but luckily Jade recognized a famous one that was filmed because famous actors went there. We ate there and it was delicious. The serving portion was definitely not for 2 and could have served a family of 4. We thought we got the mild chicken, but it was still very spicy. Once we finished dinner, we headed to moonlight bridge, which is the longest walking bridge in Korea. Also in the photos. It was magnificent. The scenery was beautiful. After that headed back to Daegu.
A great weekend with out drinking! I knew I could do it. A lot more fulfilling.
Sunday, May 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment