Wednesday, more like a Thursday because we have no school on Friday, so it felt good waking up early for the dentist. Yes, I went to the dentist because you have to experience the dentist in a foreign country. So I arrived at the dentist at 11 and of course, just like in America had to wait past my appointment time. 15 minutes past my appointment time I was finally called back were I was seated in a normal dental chair, so that was good. Then the dentist came in, a middle aged man who spoke pretty good English, at least for the sake of explaining teeth. He checked my teeth, and his conclusion was that my mouth/teeth were like a diamond and very strong, however since they were so strong that they masticated on food the contact is so forceful that food is forced very deep in my gums, so flossing is a must. After the consultation, with no cavities to be found, the dental hygienists came in and started cleaning my teeth. The interesting part about this is that they covered my face with a white towel like material with a mouth opening. So I couldn't see them and they couldnt see me, just my mouth. So whenever she needed me to open my mouth she had to say 'ahhhh'. In addition, since my jaw tires easily I could never tell if I could take a rest or not so there was some miscommunication and there were a few times they spilled stuff on me, but no big deal. After 30 minutes in the chair, I was finally done and paid 60 dollars for it, even though Max and Evan who did it a week before only paid 30 so I was a bit confused.
After my dental appointment, I went to get a haircut at my place. The lady is very nice and is pretty good at cutting my hair. I asked for a trim and she gave me a pretty good haircut, nothing to be upset about. I can go out in public and feel confident in myself without wearing a hat. I love $5 haircuts hair. With the haircut finished, I decided to go back to the dentist and ask why I was charged differently. So when I got back to the dentist, the dentist was standing at the front desk and I didnt really have to say anything; he knew why I was there. He said that his nurse made a mistake, reached into his wallet and gave me 30 dollars back. I love the honesty in this country. I have also learned, while I have been here that it never hurts to ask, because the worst thing that can happen is that you are where you are before you asked.
So after the dentist and receiving a haircut went to school and taught some children. Nothing to exciting there. School over then headed to Wednesday night Galbi with Jen and Jay. Had some delicious food and conversation, then headed to Kyunbook University to meet up with Max and his student's where they attend University. Their College was having a huge festival for what seemed for no apparent reason. Each major had tents set up, which served food and alcohol. Since one of Max's students was in charge of one of the tents we had plenty to drink and eat for half price. After staying in the Engineering department for awhile we met up with some of Korean's friends at the biology section. We had to pass the German, English, technology, and Physical Education section to get there. There we had more drinks and food. I felt like I was back in college, but in Korea with a bunch of Koreans. It was a lot of fun and enjoyed observing Koreans in a college setting and their campus. It was a very nice and big campus, however no one knew how many students attended their university. Came back to the apartment and fell asleep.
Thursday, May 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment