Sunday, April 25, 2010

4/19-25

After an amazing week with Dad and Josh, it was time to make up on some much needed sleep. It is definitely exhausting when people come to visit you. This week seemed a little longer than previous weeks because I was so tired and all I wanted to do was sleep and not work.

I am sure you have noticed that I have started to get sick of this job, but luckily my co-workers are awesome and they make the day go by faster.

Tuesday
Went out to dinner with our new Korean teacher and the teacher I have been going out to dinner with. Ate way too much and definitely felt it the next day.

Wednesday
Most of the Korean teachers and ENT's went on a group outing to Costco for some pizza and other food they needed to buy. I passed on that activity because I can't eat pizza and would rather eat galbi with Jen and Jay. Always good times at galbi

Thursday
Went downtown after work to look and buy some shoes. I bought a pair of shoes thatI thought fit. After buying some shoes went out to dinner to Vietnamese food with Jade. After dinner went home, tried the shoes on again and realized that they were too small and were a woman's 11 instead of a men's 11.

Friday
Finally the weekend. Went back downtown to meet up with Sally teacher who was the teacher who took us to the country. She is doing well at her new school, but misses us greatly. After dinner, Max and I went to Club Pasha where 'Make the Girl Dance' was performing. The night was Epic, danced a ton. One of our buddies was DJing as well so they had a private table with free bottles which is never a good situation for me and I am sure others. Left the club around 3 because we had an ENT meeting the next morning at 1030.

Saturday.
A beautiful day out and it sucked going to a meeting for 3 hours. Didn't feel 90% and was not in the mood to listen to our boring ass owner. Then some other teachers spoke who were pretty good, all from our branch. They said a lot of useful things if I was considering a job in being an English teacher.
After the meeting headed to Suesong lake and just laid out in the sun. Most Koreans find it very weird when people lay down on the grass. I dont know why but it is one of my favorite things to do.

Sunday
Woke up and saw that it was another beautiful day. Max and I decided to go to a Samsung Lions game (a professional baseball game). The tickets were 6 dollars and it was a first come fist serve basis. We sat in Left field. Got there for batting practice and I tracked down a home run ball. The game started and the atmosphere in the place was amazing. Every time there was an out or a hit they chanted and banged their blow up sticks. Even when the outfielder dropped a fly ball the fans started chanting 'That's Okay'. The 7th inning stretch came and Max and I stood up and started singing 'Take me out to the ballgame'. After we were done the whole section applauded us. It was a great day, enjoying the game, the sun, and some beers. Overall a great weekend.

Not ready to start the work week. Man, I hate Monday's!

No comments:

Post a Comment