Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Last weekend in March

Friday

School was pretty good. I am always happier on a Friday than on a Monday. Friday night went to Trivia at Communes, which was a nice time. Saw a lot of people that I hadn't seen all week and we were all glad it was the weekend. Trivia for me is never all that exciting because it is just random crap. After a nice evening, called it a night because I wanted to go hiking the next day.

Saturday

Max and I made our way to Jikjisa, which is about an 1 or so out of Daegu by bus. We arrived in the town and took another bus toward our final destination. We then came to this part of town where we walked and found the temple we were looking for. It was quite beautiful, and only wished that it would have been a warm spring day, but it wasnt and took in the beauty anyways. The highlight of the trip was seeing a monk chanting in this temple that had over 1000 little buddhas. It was awesome. Had a great day traveling seeing another part of Korea.

Came back to Daegu, took a power nap and then went on a date with a Korean girl who was vising from Seoul. I met her a month ago; she attends a University in Seoul and comes back to Daegu every so often to see her parents. Took her to an Italian restaurant and the evening went really well, until she mentioned that her father was in the hospital. I was wondering why she was even out with me and sort of felt bad that I was taking away time from her family. We both agreed that it would be best for her to go and that I we would see each other again when she came back in town. After we separated, met up with Max and company and enjoyed the night going from Organ to Go-Go, then to Urban, and finally The New Yorker, where Max almost puked taking a fire shot and I ordered what I thought would be 'a rather hot noodle', but it was just spicy rameyon.

Sunday

Woke up, ate a quick bite and then headed back downtown to meet 'Jade' for lunch and a movie. A different girl from the previous night. We went to this upscale restaurant for lunch and ordered the chicken platter and of course with out fail it came out smothered in cream sauce. She already knew I was a lactard, but it was still funny how she reacted. It was this huge platter that she could only eat and if I were in America I would ask for the manager because it wasnt on the menu. However, she handled it well and got me a plain chicken with some ketchup and 2 bananas. After lunch we went to the movie, which was a total chick flick. Then we went to billibow for a drink and conversation. Then we said our goodbyes and went home.

No comments:

Post a Comment