Thursday, March 18, 2010

3/15-3/18

Monday was pay day, so that made Monday a lot better than it usually is. School was the usual and nothing really exciting happened. But dinner made up for the day. Max, Evan, and I met up with one of Max's classmates from tutoring to have some dog. The restaurant seemed to be off the highway and nothing was really near there, but apparently it is very famous for serving dog meat. So Max's friend ordered us the dog stew and as we waited for it to come, we asked him questions about it, and how often he has had it. Apparently, this was his friends parents restaurant so he eats it quite often. He told us that dog is very good for us, because its DNA is very close to humans and it also helps the stamina of a male in a certain area. The stew came and we all took a look at it, I dissected the soup looking at every piece. After looking at it for quite a while I found some dog meat and took a bite. The meat was very tender and actually tasted quite good. However, Korean's and I wuld say most Asian cultures enjoy cooking and are proud to be able to cook all parts of the animal, so not only was there meat in it, but liver, stomach, skin, etc. The worst part of the meal was hands down the skin. I could actually see the 3 layers of skin. It was very slimy and had a funky taste that I could not take down more than once. Other than that, the stew was actually quite good. It had a good kick and was very flavorful. We finished dinner, thanked Max's friend for showing us the place and for having a very unique experience.

Wednesday

St Patty's or was it? Definitely not celebrated like it is back in the states. After work went to galbi with Jen and Jay, then headed downtown for the evening thinking St Patty's would be something, but it was not. Who's Bob was dead, but was able to enjoy some green beer. We went to some other bars, but nothing happening. Decided to end St. Patty's and went to bed.

On another note, the bunny is doing well. I think its name is just going to be Bunny or Georgia. It hops all over the place, while also pooping and peeing all over the place. Thankfully, its poop are pellets and nothing like dog poop.

I think my arm is doing better, but still sore. Hopefully my week's end it will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment