I know I have fallen behind on my blog, for that I am sorry. So let me bring everyone up to speed including myself.
This week we started our new schedule at school. Mine is pretty good, I dont have to be in until 1, but I have only one break through out the day and teach till 8:15 most days. We acquired a new teacher, Catherine, from New York on Friday. She seems like a little bundle of joy. Brooke, I believe she is your height, or maybe even smaller. She is very nice and when we go out with her, I remember what it was like the first time seeing everything.
I was able to get back in the gym this week, which was good. I have gained 6 pounds since the last time I weighed myself, but yet my waist is still getting smaller. Probably, a combination of muscle and a beer gut.
Wednesday, met up with Jay and Jen for what seems to be an every Wednesday galbi feast, which is awesome. After dinner we headed downtown because Max needed new shoes. He bought a pair of slip on's which are pretty cool. I can't find a pair of shoes that I like enough to purchase. Once we finished with that great activity, we went to Ping bar for a quick drink and a game of pool. For as much pool as I have been playing, my ability to play the game well has not really improved much, it even might have gotten worse.
Thursday, went out with this girl Cynthia who is from Cali. Took her to a restaurant called Italy, Italy to get some pasta. The food was actually very good. One observation I made was that the waiter did not say one word to us, because all we had to do was check the items we wanted on these index cards and he took them to chef. To hello, no thank you, nothing. He didnt receive a tip. Anyways, I had a really good time at dinner, and then we went to this bar called AU, which served fancier types of cocktails. She was in the mood for a Mojito and I know Max said they had really good ones there, but unfortunately, for some reason they were out or didnt feel like making it. So we stay there for a while, I think we got a little too tipsy for a Thursday night. 11:30 came and we both decided to call it a night. Good times!
Friday came which meant to blood at Ding Ding Dang, but aso losing a key member as well. Tiffany, a KT, had her last day and was probably one of my favorites, I think most of us loved her. She helped us out with whatever we needed. She will be truly missed. On top of that, I had a class added to my schedule because Catherine was observing all day, and not able to teach. I had 7 in a row, it was really exhausting, but I made it through the day. After work, went home ate some dinner and we took Catherine out for her first night. Started off at their apartment with some soju, then to bag drinks, and finally Who's Bob. It was a fun night, saw some people that I had not seen in a while.
Saturday, our buddy Wan from Busan came in town with his girlfriend and the same friend we met while we were down there. I wasn't feeling great fro the night before, but once I saw him downtown I could not wait to start drinking with him. They were pretty hungry so he chose this Chinese place, which was actually pretty good. The Soju and beer started to flow like no other. I believe we went through 8-10 bottles of Soju and a huge pitcher of beer. All I have to say is that I was feeling really good at the moment, but probably knew in the back of my head that I wasnt going to feel great by the end of the night. So after we finished with the restaurant, which was a pretty good while, we went to Go-go, where Max had to buy a bottle of Jack because of a previous bet. Probably didnt need it, but Wan was here. Go-go was pretty dead so, we headed to MK club, where the night started to go down hill from there. Danced for a little, then the Soju and any other alcohol that I ingested started to hip me really hard, Decided that it was a good time to leave, so I tried to find Max who had the key to our locker that had my jacket in it, but as I was trying to find him took a nasty spill, not realizing there was a little step off from one part of the club onto the dance floor. Finally ended up finding Max and returned the key to him. Got outside and realized I was bleeding from the elbow. Went to the bag drink place o get some napkins, then stopped in at Go-go where I got a band-aid. Saw Cynthia there and started to hang out with her, which was probably not the best idea, but whatever. While we were talking she told me she had a boyfriend, so that was a bombshell that I was not expecting. So after awhile took the initiative and went home because I have not learned to control my soju drinking. During the cab ride home, I noticed that my forearm was really hurting, and thought that I might have broken it. Called my doctor when I got home and he told me to wait until the next morning.
Woke up the next morning in pain from my elbow and the side of my leg, which has a huge bruise on it. Did not realize I fell that hard. I went to the bathroom to check out my wounds and noticed Max was not home, so I started to worry that he was arrested or maybe even went home with a girl. Gave him a ring and he told me he that he crashed at Evan's house.
So Sunday of course is a hangover day. Iced my wounds and just wasted the day. I have come up with a new plan, that I will only drink once a week. Hopefully this goal will go according to plan.
That is all
PS, last weekend I tried raw pig skin marinated in a spicy sauce at the home-stay. Hands down the chewiest thing I have ever eaten.
Sunday, March 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That's the nastiest thing I can't imagine trying that.....yalk!!!! :)
ReplyDelete