Sunday, March 21, 2010

3/19-3/21

Good weekend overall. Laid low friday night because I had to wake up early Saturday for the bull fighting in Cheongdo.

Saturday, woke up around 9 and prepared for a day of bull fighting and some wine tasting. There were about 150 of us westerners, 4 tour buses that headed to Cheongdo. Our first stop was the wine tasting. This wasn't your regular grape wine, this was persimmons wine. Apparently, where we were and the wine we tasted was ranked number 1 in the world for persimmons wine, but to be honest who else make that type of wine. Overall, the wine was alright, I would much rather have any of the wine my dad has though. The tour or lack there of was nothing special; we just walked down this huge tunnel and saw where they kept the wine. No one showed us how they made it, the process, or anything. After an hour or so there, we all got back on the buses and headed to the bullfighing. The bull fighting was a really neat experience, and different the bull fighting I saw in Spain with a bull and a Matador. This bull fighting is where 2 bulls actually go at it with each other and a winner is declared when one of them gives up and runs away. We were there for 3 hours and saw one fight that lasted for a good 40 minutes until one of them gave up. We saw another one where one of the bulls refused to fight, I am sure his owner was not happy with him. Finally, it was time to get out of there and we headed back to Daegu.

Ate some dinner downtown, then came back to the apartment for some relaxation and communication with madre and aunt. The relaxation period came to an end, then headed back downtown for some festivities. Had a good night, no broken bones (haha) and came back and fell asleep.

Forgot to mention, that while downtown I noticed many people wearing masks and covering their mouths Korean and Westerners. I was thinking it was another outbreak of the swine, but found out it was because of the 'yellow dust' from China. The dust is so strong that it can cover Korea and someone told me it can actually make it over to Hawaii. Apparently it was really bad tonight, and it can also last a month, but not that extreme.

Sunday, woke up feeling good and noticed the yellow dust was no longer. It looked like a nice day out so I decided to go for a run around my neighborhood and see what it was all about. Had a good run, found out there are 2 small little parks behind us.
After the run got ready to go meet up with one of my Korean teachers named Iris. We met up downtown and ended up seeing Alice and Wonderland 3d and then went to dinner. I don't know if it was a date or not, but still had a good time. The communication barrier was pretty tough, and there were a lot of silent pauses. I had a good time and think she did as well.

Good ole Monday is tomorrow, so another week begins. Hope the weather starts to warm up!

Happy Birthday Aunt Barbara

3 weeks till my bro and dad come!

No comments:

Post a Comment