Friday
After work went out to dinner with Sally teacher, Max, and Evan for some Chabu Chabu. We ordered the combo of raw meat and seafood, then were given a pot of seasoned water that we boiled. Once it started boiling we through in the vegetables, seafood, and meat. WE let it cook for a bit, then began to dig in. The food was delicious. Once we were done with the meat, we cooked the pasta in the leftover 'soup'. Ate the noodles and leftover meat. After that, our serve came over and cooked the fried rice in the same pot we cooked everything else in. The rice was very good, as well as the other food we had just consumed. I was stuffed and tired, so I decided to call it a night and relaxed at home.
Saturday
Woke up and got ready for paint-balling. I was excited and nervous because I had no idea what to expect. Met up with Ev around 1 and headed toward the bus. Got to where the bus picked us up and met everyone else who was about to go on this adventure with us. Took an hour to get the place, which was way up on in the mountains and still had snow on the ground. This was going to be interesting. We changed into our uniforms, I was on the blue team and Evan was on the black team. We had a huge disadvantage for our helmets and vest were sky blue. The main guy took us through the instruction and was waving the gun around with out a stopper to keep from the balls flying out if he accidently pulled the trigger. We were all laughing and scared shitless that he was going to shoot one of us. After the instruction we had mandatory stretching, then we finally got our guns, balls, and headed to the war zone. The war zone was outside, still with a lot of snow on the ground. It was also pretty narrow and one team would have the downhill advantage, which of course was the black team. The first game was called Head shot, and you only came out if you were shot in the helmet or ran out of bullets. That was awesome, got hit in the arm and wrist, but I nailed 2 people in the head before running out of bullets. Our team won the first game. A lot of fun, and did not hurt as bad as I thought it was going to. Second game, was protect your president, but the only problem was that no one else could die except the president, so people could keep shooting at each other and have no consequences, which made no sense. That game their land advantage got to us and they won. Third game we did head shot again because we were running out of time and bullets. It was a quick game, but a lot of fun. Had a great time paint-balling. After the games, we were served duck, pork, rice, soju, and beer. A great way to cap of the day. Headed back to where the bus dropped us off, got in a cab and went home.
Showered, ate a little more, then met Max downtown for a couple drinks. Went to Who's Bob, Ping, and Go-go. It was a good night, but not as fun as paint-balling.
Sunday
Woke up ate some lunch, relaxed and was deciding what to do for the day. Max and I decided to pick a random place and headed out the door. Got on Bus 1, which we thought was the right one, but ended up being the other Bus 1. So we had some helpful elderly people explain where to get off and even had one of them actually show us where the stop was. It was really nice of them. Got on the next bus, and were not sure where to get off, but eventually found the right stop, or so we thought. Got off the bus, and Max told me it was my turn to lead the way, because he was communicating with the elderly on the bus in Korean. I said fine, I will get us there. The first person I see looks like a hiker, so I use the korean I know and say "Excuse me, where is_____ and pointed to our note-card" He responds, in English 'So you want to go there" I suppose you can get back on another bus for 5 minutes or walk straight, take some turns and you are there, in perfect English. What are the chances that the guy I pick to speak to speaks perfect English. It was pretty comical.
We were walking to the shrine (our destination) and saw this cute baby rabbit. As we were walking toward the shrine, we both decided it would be awesome to have a rabbit. They are not dogs or cats. So after a little sight seeing, we came back to the rabbit and decided to purchase it. We have no idea the age, sex, or what to feed it. But how hard could it be for four months.
How crazy is that, we have met our half way point tomorrow. Time flies
Sunday, March 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment