Let me start off with school because it is always so exciting on Friday! Not, its Friday my longest day with 8 classes, though they all went pretty smoothly. My back finally felt better and was ready for the ski trip. After work, picked up some food and headed home thinking that I was going to head downtown. Sitting on the couch and realizing that I had to be up at 3AM to get on the bus made me think that it wasn't a wise decision to start drinking. I stayed in, relaxed and packed for the trip. Once packing was finished, I was fortunate to get 3 hours of sleep. Woke up at 3:30 or so grabbed my bag and met up with Evan, then headed to where the bus was going to pick us up; Daegu Bank if any of you were curious. The bus picked us up at 4, then headed to the next stop which was downtown, where most people were picked up. Some were wasted and for some it is the closest place from their abode. After the downtown stop we had one more stop, then on our way to the ski resort, which was 4 hours North from us.
Arrived at our hotel, where we checked in and able to pick up ski pants and jackets for those who needed it. The hotel was actually very nice and only 5 minutes from the slopes. However, the only flaw with the hotel for us Americans was that there were no beds! They had thick mats for us and a bean bag pillow. Fairly interesting, but a custom for most Koreans to sleep on the floor. So we settled in for about an hour, dressed up in our ski outfits and then headed to the slopes. We showed up at High1 around 10:30, got our ski's and started skiing. Loads of fun, loads of people, loads of snow. The weather was nice the lines were long and er skied till 4:30. It was a long day and very tired when I got back to the hotel. Evan and I decided to go to the sauna; relaxed our bodies, took a power nap, then went to dinner, which was included in the price, except the drinks. After dinner, continued the party in one of the rooms and had a blast. Met some cool people that I had seen downtown before, but never knew who they were. Drank way too much, because I still think I won't get a hangover...wrong.
Sunday morning, still drunk, head to the slopes. Start skiing and realize that this is not going to be like yesterday. I do a good bit of skiing before I start feeling really bad. I end up heading in, eat a hot dog and just try to relax with this pounding headache caused by my stupidity. After an hour or so of sitting, I try to head back out for one or two more runs. Get on the chair lift feeling pretty well, end up back down the hill puking on the white snow. I will have to say a hot dog is probably one of the worst things you could possibly puke up. The aftertaste is absolutely disgusting! Learn from my mistakes. Called it quits, thinking to myself when will I learn the limits of my body.
Does anyone find it strange that my after effects are hours upon hours after I stop drinking? Because I do.
4Pm comes, head back to the bus and head home. Arrive back the apartment at 9, to write this blog.
Overall, great weekend! Met some really nice people and got to ski in Korea!
Sunday, January 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment