Wednesday
If you have been reading my 60+ posts, then you know Wednesday is a great day because it marks the middle of the week and most people head downtown to take a break from children and teaching. After a normal day of teaching Max, Evan, and I head to Moontugi (a restaurant) for another goodbye dinner for the same girl who hasn't left yet. We got to the restaurant meeting the others and had an exceptional time eating BBQ and drinking sojo and beer. After a delicious meal we headed downtown to Who's Bob where we continued the party, playing pool and Foosball. A few hours pass and Max and I decide to go home and head to sleep. Another great Wednesday!
Thursday
Observation day. It has been over 2 months now of me teaching little children and it was now time for my director Betty to observe one of my classes. I got to school and she told me she would be observing K10, which is a class of 5. They are about 11 years old and are not to bright. It is one of my harder classes to teach because it is at the end of the day and these kids are already tired and do not enjoy participating. Even though I would rather have Betty observe a class that is fun and easy to teach it is good she is observing this one because she can give me some advice on how to improve it.
K10 period arrives. Betty enters the room and I could tell immediately once I introduced Betty to the class that the students were even more tense than before. I think I did pretty well, but I was also pretty nervous and tense so I am sure that I spoke to fast and moved through the material too quickly. Class finally ended, and I was relieved that I got through it. I am curious to see what she will have to say when we meet and I will let the blog know if I am fired or not. Just kidding, I am not getting fired, well I don't know yet.
This weekend I am going skiing and am very excited to get on the slopes. Have a good weekend and updates will come next week.
Thursday, January 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment