Monday and Tuesday nothing to report, just the same old routine. Wednesday was an even better day, because not only is it the halfway point for the week, it also means that we go downtown and have a few drinks and just kick back with some friends. Before we went downtown had to have our pregame meal of some Korean BBQ; Max, Evan, Jay, and I went to the place by our house. Got some great food, soju, and beer. After dinner Max, Evan, and I went downtown to Who's Bob. Not very crowded, which was great, played some pool and beer pong. Stayed there till about 2 came back to the apartment and fell asleep.
Thursday morning came, woke up and my head reminded that I drank a little too much the night before. Was not ready to teach, but Max on the other hand looked like death, not because of drinking, but he started to get sick. I could tell it was not going to be a great day for either of us at school. Luckily, for me, Thursdays are my easiest day and enjoy teaching the classes I have that day. When I got to school, I actually felt great and had one of my most effective days teaching, meaning that the students had fun learning and I could tell that they were really engaged and enjoying the material. You feel a lot different when you actually feel the students are getting the material and having a good time. Another thing that happened on Thursday was that Analysia's replacement came, his name is Aaron and is a pretty weird dude. He has actually been here for three months at another branch, but they moved him to ours.
After school, went to the gym, worked out and met this girl named Angel who is Korean but from Chicago. Her cousin owns the gym, and he introduced me to her. Actually, that is not how it really happened. I was talking to one of the 'trainers', or should I say trying to communicate with him, but it wasn't going so well, she was right by us and said in perfect English, 'What are you trying to say to him?' I was very surprised and realized that it was the owner's cousin that he kept telling me about. So that is how we met. Not very cute, but very nice, however she is moving to Seoul, so we will see if anything happens, friendship that is.
Friday
TGIF!! Payday, is finally here and couldnt come soon enough. Very happy to have money in the bank and start spending again, not like I couldn't already do that, but not on as tight of a budget as last month because this time we got paid a full month's worth and not just for 2 weeks. Anyways, school was long and just wanted it end so the weekend could begin. It finally did, and we all went to BBQ for Anaylsia finishing her contract. Similar to Wednesday's meal, but times that by 5 and that was Friday night. A lot more meat, soju, and beer because there was eight of us instead of 3. Since we were already downtown, After dinner we went to Bar Go-GO, where this girl was having a birthday party and she had a theme, which was High-school stereotypes. I was feeling pretty good there, apparently so was Evan so after a few hours we were on a mission to find a new club to show off our moves. Went to this club G2, trying to charge is 15 each, after a few minutes trying to negotiate, left and tried MK, who were also charging, which resulted in us trying Posha, and they let us in for free. We had an absolute blast. All I have to say is that Evan lost his shirt. After Posha, we went to Who's Bob, I was not okay, very dehydrated, so jugged lots of water and bought a powerade. Stayed at Who's Bob for about 10 minutes then left to go home.
Saturday
Ahh, will I ever learn? Soju, beer, bag drinks are not a good idea. Did not feel good this morning and I really did not want this to be a wasted day like last week. Fortunately, started feeling a little better around 2, so Max and I met up with some people downtown for lunch. Had some western food, which was well needed. After reminiscing about our nights I headed to the gym and attempted to work out. At first, I thought I wasnt going to make it, but as the workout continued I felt better and completed leg day. Came home and now just relaxing debating whether to go out tonight or not.
Saturday, January 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment