Saturday, January 9, 2010

Jan 7th-10th (the weekend)

School went well, nothing really exciting to report or write about. One of the English teacher's contract ends on the 15th, so we don't if they are replacing her or not. I think they are having a teacher from another school come part time and work at ours, but we will see what happens. She is really excited about finishing work, I know this because I sit right next to her and she complains and blabbers about how she is almost done and how much stuff she needs to complete before she leaves. You think by now she would stop, but I think it will only get worse.
Friday comes and it is the night we have been waiting for to celebrate Max and I's birthday. We get a quick bite to eat because we want to save our money for the bars. After doing a little pregame at our house and in the cab on the way to downtown, we stop in at Who's Bob, because they were having drink specials. Since we got their at 10:30 and the specials ended at 11, we downed some drinks pretty quickly, which seemed like a good idea at the time. Stayed their for another hour or so, then headed to Club Posha where the dancing began. Not as crowded as the first time we went, but it was still a great time. After a couple hours there went to Club Frog, which was just a sea of people and I wasnt feeling it so I left and met up somehow with Evan and his girlfriend to go to Go-go bar. Max stayed at Frog until 4 in the morning having a great birthday. Go-go was pretty fun, but the night got a little hazzy for me at this point, but luckily I made it home in one piece. Got to love the Korean nightlife!

Sat Jan 9th (Max's Bday)
one word: hungover. A wasted day, but I knew going into last night that today was going to be wasted, just didnt know I was going to feel that bad. 8PM comes around feeling a little better, so Max and I met up with our friends Jen and Jay for dinner. After that Max and them went downtown while I took the alternate route to my bed. A great decision.

Sun Jan 10th
Woke up at 10:30 for one of our Kt's wedding. Got to the wedding place, which is nothing like an American wedding. There are basically these wedding halls that have weddings going on all day. The wedding lasted for about 30 minutes and seemed like everything they did was for show. Music, singing, poppers, people talking. Apparently the more intimate one is just with the families, which occurs right after this ceremony. We took pictures with the bride and groom and then we all hurried out of the hall because there was another wedding to be held right after ours a few minutes later. After the wedding, they had a huge buffet for us so we dug in and ate a lot of food.
It was an experience seeing a Korean wedding and how they treat this intimate setting, but I guess I really won't know how the real one is unless I get married to a Korean woman...Just kidding.
After the wedding walked downtown for a bit, then came home and relaxed.

No comments:

Post a Comment