Thursday
Woke up ate breakfast, headed to school and had another wonderful day at the dang. Nothing really interesting to report during school, however I had to sit for 2 hours and wait till 8:30 to meet with this baseball guy. 8:30 comes around and this very professional man comes in with this woman who we find out to be the 'team mom'. Max, Evan, and I head back with them and our director to classroom and start discussing baseball. His first questions are how long have you played, what position, and some other general questions. Once those questions were answered our director and the other two started to get into a pretty serious conversation and we did not really have any idea what they were discussing for so long. All we wanted to do was to be able to volunteer and help out either Saturday or Sunday when we could. Well, when they finished their lengthy discussion our director turned to us and said that they were looking for a 'professional' coach that would commit every Saturday and Sunday and that they would pay. Of course they would only pay one of us because they dont need three coaches. (During the week we decided I would be the 'coach out of us 3 because I did indeed play the most baseball and knew most about it). So the director looked at me and asked if I was willing to do so. I told her that I dont need to get paid and just want to have fun and that I will think about it. The Korean coach/director asked us to come out Saturday just to observe and see what we think. We agreed and then we all shook hands and left.
I came back home and made dinner while Max and Evan went to Korean class.
Friday the 22nd
Love Friday's, but also hate them because they are my longest day. Woke up, ate some grub, went to the gym, and then headed to school. Started the long day with all classes going smoothly. Unfortunately, my last class of the day, usually the most fun has started to get under my skin a little. I have literally been drilling the same 20 questions to prepare them for their oral test for a month and they are still getting them wrong. These three girls just giggle and do not pay attention and don't really care about learning English. I get that it is 8PM and that they have been going for school the whole day, but try a little. So tonight, not only was I really hungry, but they pissed me off, so I yelled at them a little.
Finally that class ended, gathered my belongings and headed out the door with Evan. Max, was already downtown because he wanted to attend this little dinner that we couldnt make, so Evan and I went to Gorilla Burger to of course get a burger. Delicious!!!
After that, we grabbed a bag drink and walked around for a bit because it was still pretty early. After a couple hours of wondering we went to Billy-bowl to meet up with everyone. Once everyone figured Billy-bowl sucked we headed to Go-go where we all ended up having a great time socializing with a little bit of dancing in between!
Sunday, January 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment