School was pretty ordinary, nothing really eventful happened on the teaching side, but it has been pretty eventful on the teachers side. First, one of the Korean teachers quit last Friday because she didnt feel that her English was good enough to teach at the prestigious Ding Ding Dang. Second, we are pretty sure that the reason why the Korean teacher who just married a few months got hitched is because she is pregnant. She hasn't told us ENT's, but it is pretty obvious that she is pregnant, not only because of her stomach, but she is never feeling well. So now we are hearing rumors that she might leave. In addition, another Korean teacher is leaving at the end of the month to move to Canada for a few months then return to Korea and get married to her Fiance. So she isnt coming back either. Our director Betty, who is very nice, is now very stressed to find new Korean teachers. I feel bad for her, because now not only does she have to teach, she now has to scramble to find new teachers and hire suitable candidates.
On Wednesday, Betty, who observed one of my classes last week, met with me to give me feedback. Overall, she said I was doing well and was picking up things fast. However, I have only been teaching for 2 months and can improve greatly. Her biggest concern, as with most teachers who've I had throughout my life is my handwriting. She says that needs to be improved when I write contents for my class and when I write on the whiteboard. We will see what happens. In addition, she gave me some helpful activities to keep the students engaged. Overall, I was very pleased with the meeting and am glad I still have my job.
After school, Max and I met up with our friends Jay and Jen for some galbi (Korean BBQ). We wanted to try a new place, sometimes not the best idea. We step into this place, that was on the way home from our work and I knew at first glance that it wasnt going to be any good. We ordered the usual and all of us were disappointed about the meat and the sides. So we ordered a rotisserie chicken, which was there specialty and also disappointing with the amount of meat we consumed. Still hungry, we went to our go-to Galbi place, which is right near our apartment. Ordered, our usual and ate a great meal that filled us up. We were ready to go, and then the people sitting next to us a little intoxicated ordered us three more orders of meat. We couldn't say no even though our stomachs were and ate even more meat. I thought my stomach was going to explode, but it felt good feeling so full.
Friday night, Evan, Max, and I went to a new area of town. We went to one of the Universities areas, where someone was hosting a Haiti charity event. It was pretty fun, got to see some of the people I met on ski trip. Met a korean dude, who for some reason worked in Windsor, Canada, which is a shit hole. How did he end up there, I have no idea. He stayed there for 4 years, then returned to Korea and is now a textile exporter. Tried my Seinfeld on him seeing if he was only an exporter, or if he did both importing and exporting. I love how Seinfeld, still to this day can be used in everyday life. After spending a while at this bar, having a good ole time, we headed back to our apartment, but not before we spotted a MCDs. Ate a delicious chicken sandwich, then immediately got horrible heart burn, so I think. Whatever it was, it did not feel good. Made it home and went to bed.
Friday, February 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment