Monday
Got the day off from work, so woke up around 10 again and went to the hotel to decide what to do. We decided to go Seoumun market, which is the oldest traditional market in Korea first. The ladies really enjoyed that. Never have I seen them look for knock off purses for so long and hard. They were determined to find some, but ended with nothing of quality. However, I did buy Cheryl some Obama socks, because I knew she would appreciate them. After shopping for purses, I took them over to the live animal section, where dogs, cats, roosters, and rabbits were all next to each other in cages. The reactions were priceless and many times did I hear all them saying that they wouldnt eat meat again. The cats and dogs were not for sale as food, but for pets I assure you.
After the market we went to Apsan, which is a mountain that surrounds Daegu, and gives a beautiful perspective of the city. It was a beautiful day, so we took the cable car up and just sat in a spot looking at the views and relaxing. Brooke started to get antzy so we went back down to go get some food, at where else--McDonald's, which was downtown, which meant more shopping for them. I decided to go home get some rest and hit the sauna up. Nice and relaxing before galbi.
We all met up for galbi around 7:30, max and evan came as well. Enjoyed a nice dinner, talking about how we teach and the culture of Korea. Once dinner was finished I headed back to the hotel with them to catch up on life and have a drink or two. It was a very nice evening and can not thank them enough for coming.
Tuesday
They met me at school to watch all of us teach. When they first walked in they were surprised of how much energy these kids had. I introduced them to all the teachers and then they went to observe Max's class first and then Evan's, while I planned for my upcoming classes. After their period was over, they observed my class and it was very tough having Cheryl and mom observing me because this is what they have done their whole lives. I could see it was tough for them just to observe because they wanted to help me in anyway possible. I told them to be quite and if they would like to teach they could. It was funny and stressful at the same time. My class ended, gave the kids some presents and sent them home. My mom and Cheryl left to go sightseeing while my sister stayed with me to observe more classes. It was great to have my sister with me. She was really good all day long. After school ended we went back to the apartment to wait for my mom and Cheryl to call. They werent calling so we called them and found out they were already at the hotel. So we went to the hotel to meet them and headed to a nice Italian dinner where we stuffed ourselves with quality food. We had great discussions about each others day and that they thought I was doing a fantastic job.
Dinner ended, we went back to the hotel and said our goodbyes because they were leaving in the morning to go back to Seoul.
It was great to see them, a little short lived, but am very happy that they came across the globe to see me and experience what I have been doing for the pass 7 months. I love you all!
However the night didnt stop their for me. Ended up playing poker at Who's Bob with Evan and Max for a while. Did pretty well for myself, given that I havent played in awhile.
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment