Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The girls come to Korea part 1

Friday night before they arrived went out with my girlfriend and had a pretty difficult conversation with her. We did not break up, but it did not end on a positive note. I could not go yet because Max was with his girl, so I decided to stay downtown and visit my friends bar that just opened. I was the only foreigner there with a bunch of his friends. We just started having a good time, almost too good of a time. In the back of my mind I knew that my mom and sister were coming, but it was too late. Was way to drunken, left the bar around 3AM. Got home and passed out.

Sat morning
Woke up, uh-oh, not a smart move on my part. Definetely going to be an all day hangover. My mom calls me around 11 saying they were at the hotel and I panicked because I was not feeling great at all and all I wanted to do was show them a good time here and be with them. Max and I drove over to the hotel, where they immediately noticed my glassy eyes and that I was not feeling good. Cheryl had the perfect quote 'same story, different place'. I nodded my head and agreed. They checked into the hotel, went to the room and started to unpack. I sat down drank some water and my mom brought out the shoes I asked her to bring, unfortunetely they were the wrong ones. My hangover plus the excitement I had for the shoes, and now they were the wrong ones, I accidently yelled at her. Immediately after, I felt awful not only because of me yelling at my mom the first few minutes she arrived, but also having to puke, which I did.
Since we all realized I was having one of those days (which hasnt happened in awhile) we decided that I would get them downtown to shop and eat, while I stayed at home and slept it off.
So we did just that. They went shopping and I went to recover. Around 5 I finally started feeling better so we finally got a hold of each other and I decided to meet them downtown to take them to Dr. Fish.
Went to Dr. Fish, enjoyed the little fishes nibbling at our feet minus Cheryl, then continued shopping for a bit more. Wow these ladies can shop. They finally started to get hungry so we went back to the hotel, washed up and went to the famous Chinese restaurant i went to with my dad and bro. It was oh so delicious.
After dinner, they were exhausted, so they went home and I went dt for a little. This time I made a conscious effort not to get drunk and just see my friends.

Sunday
Woke up around 10, met the family at the hotel, then headed to the train station to go to Busan. Left Daegu at 12 and arrived at Gwanali beach at 2. A little chilly, but still a nice day. Walked around, did more shopping, had some Italian food that they enjoyed. Then we relaxed on the beach for an hour or so. Pretty windy so we decided to come back to Daegu. A very nice day, that was going to end with a nice meal. Went to Shabu Shabu, which is an excellent meal that I have mentioned in previous blogs. They enjoyed the experience of sitting on the floor and eating a traditional Korean/Japanese meal. However, I noticed that my sister doesnt really enjoy the food here, but that is okay she has been a real trooper these past few days.
Went home and fell asleep

No comments:

Post a Comment