So like I said in my last post got back this morning. My hotel gave me their suite for half the day to rest and take a shower. It was very nice of them. Came down to breakfast around 10 ate something and then went back upstairs to back and relax some more.
Came back down at 11 and headed out the door to the blazing heat. Walked around for a bit then started to get hungry, so I stopped in at the Pho Ga place I went when I first arrived here. Still delicious. After that walked around the whole city enjoying the views and just observing this crazy city. Definitely not a city to relax in. I would say it is a hub for Sapa and Halong bay. Once you complete those head out of here, which is what I am doing. The people try to screw you at all times even when you arent being bothered.
So I thought I had been walking around for hours but it had only been 2 so I ate some more Pho but this time Pho Bo at another delicious place. Then came back to the hotel got my book and headed to The Legend which is a bar in the center of the city. Had a beer and read for a bit. Finished the beer and the chapters then started to head back to the apartment, when a guy on a scooter offered to take me to a massage place for 15 dollars. I told him 5 and I would do it. He said 10 so i walked away. As I was walking away he said okay. I cleared the terms with him 5 dollars for everything; massage and ride to and from. We shook hands and took of to the place, where they wanted 15. So I walked out the door and said take me back to the center. He said no and took me to another place, where I got it to 6 dollars for 70 minutes. Wow what a great massage especially after the hiking.
He waited for me after the massage and took me back around my hotel. I started walking away and he started yelling at me for money for the ride. I said no we argeed to the terms he shook his head and started calling the police. Then he got a woman over who spoke a little english to translate. He wanted 40,000 which is about 2 dollars. Not much, but it is the principle of the situation. I said no, explained what happened, he wasnt having any of it. Looked like he wanted to hit me, so I gave him 25,000 and walked away.
Friday, July 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment