The train ride was pretty easy since I have taken a couple before hand. Had a nice Holland couple in my coupe and we talked a little before I fell asleep. Woke up and saw that it was raining pretty hard. However, when I got off the train the rain had subsided to a drizzle.
I came out of the train station looking for my driver, for he was not found. Got in a taxi and pointed to where I wanted to go. He took me there and want 40,000 when is meter said 27,000. I told him to give me my change and he did. It is crazy how much these people want your money and want to screw you any way they can. It is very exhausting to constantly negotiate and make sure you are not getting ripped off. I arrived at my hotel and asked what had happened and they said they thought it would arrive at 10 when it arrived at 830. Of course, since that happened my room wasnt ready, so after talking and eating with one of the guys we made a deal for him to take me around the city for 9 dollars on his motorbike.
Left the place around 930 and started on the tour. Luckily, the rain had stopped and it was very nice weather. Not too hot and not cold. Just right for the day of touring. My first stop was a palace of some sort. Very big, but nothing too fancy. After that he drove me to a pagoda which had french influence and it was beautiful. After that he took me to the citadel; the imperial city if you will. Had an hour and half just looking around at destroyed ruins from the war. They are very big on reconstruction right now, so that took away from the experience, but still very neat. Once finished with that, we headed to lunch, where he took me to one of his spots. Awesome food for very cheap, so i paid for him.
Lunch finished and onto another pagoda. Once you have seen one you have seen them all. Wasnt too impressed and was tired of touristy things, so he took me out of Hue a little to a little village. Saw the oldest bridge in Hue made of wood. And an old lady about 82 years old explaining how to make rice. After that headed back to the hotel to relax, but to find that he had to move me next store because people in my room wanted to stay another night. So took a shower, relaxed, then went to a market that had absoluetly everything you needed. Pretty cool.
Then coming back from the market a girl stopped me to ask me questions. I had no idea why, but by the 2nd minute i could see she only wanted to practice her english, so i allowed her.
Walking back to the hotel my stomach was hungry so I wanted to try some more vietnamese food. Asked around and this elder man on a motor bike insisted for me to get on his motor bike to take me to dinner. I obliged, so we went to a corner restaurant and ate some bon cho and enjoyed each others company. He was a teacher and had some relatives in the states. It was a nice dinner until he wanted me to buy some sort of wine for 300,000 dong for him to pray to. I said no, and would pay for dinner instead. So that is what happened. He was so happy for the whole night until i said no to that. Unfortunate, how greedy these people are. I always feel pressured into doing something, which i do not like. Anyways it is night time now and about to go out for a little because my bus tomorrow is at 8am.
Next stop Hoi An
Saturday, July 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment