Monday, July 19, 2010

Hoi An 18 and 19th

So arrived in Hoi An by bus around 1 or so. The bus was alright, pretty hot at times, but I made it through. They dropped us off at a hotel that was pretty far off the main drag and they tried to convince us to get a room there. I got my bags and just started walking. My brother told me that hotels should be around 6-8 dollars, but then again that was almost 2 years ago and tourism is booming here. So I went to about 20 hotels looking for these prices or at least 10 dollars and the cheapest I could find which included air conditioning was 12 dollars. Even though this hotel was pretty far off the drag, everything is pretty close to each other and renting a motor bike for the day makes everything better. So i checked into my hotel room and started to just walk around. Looking at all the different tailors and custom made things you could do is just incredible, however, I was so going to start this endeavor tomorrow. As I was looking in a store I saw my buddies from Holland that were on the Sapa homestay with me. Got together with them. Rented motor bikes for 2 dollars for 4 hours and headed to the beach. Relaxed for a bit, and since I was unprepared had to spring for a towel. After sitting on the beach I just wanted to drive the bike, so I went on a little ride and ended up finding this secluded little beach area. I was literally the only one there, for the exception of fishing boats made of bamboo and the fishing villagers. Stayed there for about an hour or so and as I was about to leave the fisherman asked for my help to push their boats in. In was quite the experience.
Drove back to the main beach, met up with the hollanders and headed back to the bike rental shop. Dropped off the bike and i headed back to my hotel. Took a shower and then went looking for dinner. Found this place near the river, very random and ended up meeting another lonely traveler who was actually from the USA. So we ate together and talked about our travels. After dinner we went to a western bar and played pool until I got tired. A long day of traveling and adventure.

Monday
Woke up to drilling in my hotel. Wasnt very happy, but at the same time glad that I was up. Looked out the window and could see that it was blue sky and the sun shining, nice! Ate some breakfast put on my swimtrunks and rented a bike near my hotel for just 3 dollars for the whole day. My first order of business was to get some suits made. I went to Yaly's which my bro recommended and the prices were very expensive, so I went to this other place called Peace, which is a lady who worked at Yaly's for 15 or so years and opened up her own shop. I picked out what i wanted, a gray suit and a black tux, and a few shirts. She measured every part of my body and after that I was finished. Then she took me to this other place to get me some custome made black shoes, because why not. Then a custom made belt as well. Once all my work was done as well as there, I headed toward the beach. This time I went even further up the drag to find another semi seculded area. I was the only customer there, but there was a beach restaurant that made me buy a drink, so i bought a water to get them off my back. Stayed there for a few hours then came back to the hotel, jumped in the pool and up to my room to take a shower. As i was getting into the shower i noticed a big cockroach, so i made one of the ladies kill it. Took a shower, then went to eat something. Had an hour to kill before i had to be back for my 1st fitting of the suits, so i went to get a massage. Very nice massage with great herbs, from what she said. Whatever it felt good and thats all i care about. massage finished then went to my fittings. It was a fun process, and if you know me i dont know the first thing about suits and how they should fit. So I just had them make the decisons. All i told them was is that i like to dance so i need to be able to move. First fitting finished, go back tomorrow for the second one.
Now it is time to get some dinner and have a good ole time.

Miss everyone and see everyone soon

No comments:

Post a Comment