Thursday, February 25, 2010

Last week in February

Definitely felt under the weather this week, probably had a sinus infection or what not, but nothing a little medication cant fix. However, with that medication comes some internal reactions I didn't like while I was at school. It is Thursday now and am starting to feel a little bit better.
Tuesday, we had an ENT meeting about our new schedule that starts next week. If you have forgotten or maybe I have not mentioned, the students have been on 'summer vacation' since December and head back to school in March starting a new grade. There calendar year for school is opposite than ours. So with the new schedule nothing much has changed for me, except that my first class is at 1:25 instead of 12:50. So basically I go in and teach 5 or 6 straight then end around 8 everyday. Not to bad, I like having the mornings off because most people who work at other schools don't get off till 9 or 10 as well. So there is not much to do when you get off early.
Wednesday, we went out for dinner for one of our buddies last night in town. Went to a galbi restaurant downtown and ate a lot. Since it was nice out, in the low 60's we decided to go to Go-go bag drinks and play corn-hole. The dude that is leaving made a cornhole set out of cardboard and socks, pretty efficient, but not nearly as nice as the one I made at Michigan. We spent a lot of time outside, then Max, Evan, and I went to Ping bar and played some pool. Max and Ev got pretty drunk, while I did not since I am on antibiotics while also having to be up at 10 on Thursday for preschool graduation. Met another Korean girl, who was a University student from Seoul, we hung out most of the night. Her English skills were excellent. Don't know if I will ever see her again.
Thursday had to be at school early for graduation. A very yucky day, raining cats and dogs. It was warm out but just an overall disgusting day. The graduation ceremony lasted about an hour and I didnt have class till 3, so I did a little bit of planning and then went home. Slept for an hour, woke up ate some lunch, then went back to school. Had four classes in a row, planned, then went home. I was supposed to have a date tonight, but it was canceled and will be rescheduled.
This weekend I am going to the countryside with Max and Evan to join one of our KT teacher and her family for this holiday on Sunday. Should be very interesting experiencing country life with a Korean family.

That is all

No comments:

Post a Comment