Monday, February 22, 2010

Feb 16th-21st

The week was sort of a blur. The weeks are going by pretty fast and I am pretty sure the more I teach Korean children the worse my English gets. We all have started to leave out articles (a, the, etc) when we speak because the Korean language doesnt have any and to make it easier for them to understand you tend to make your speech as simple as possible. It then rolls over into your everyday life, which is pretty funny.

Thursday, I was invited to play billiards with the gym owner after my work out. It took about 10 minutes to finally understand what he was actually saying, but in the end we went to a billiard hall and he taught me how to play actual billiards. It is a very challenging game, but very entertaining.

Friday, work was work. Evan, Max, and I went straight from work to meet up with another buddy of ours to go bowling. First, we searched around the area we were in for some galbi, and of course we found one, thankfully being pretty good. Picked up some alcohol and headed to the bowling alley. Played a few games, drank, and then headed downtown. Went to Go-go bar, which results in good times.

Saturday, went to the gym, then met up later with Jay and Jen for dinner. After dinner, went downtown. First went to Who's Bob, then went to Go-go again having another good night.

Sunday went to Seomun Market, which is the largest market in daegu with over 4,000 shops. Went with Evan, Max, and Cynthia whom I met the night before. Saw a lot of textiles, clothes, food, and live animals. Witnessed a rooster getting its head chopped off. It was a great day accomplishing some traveling.

No comments:

Post a Comment